Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't tell anyone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Whish is why I am posting anonymously. I recently went to visit family in a different state and in about two years we will be moving there!!!!! I can't say where we are moving or where we are moving from because then it would be too easy for friends to know who I am. I know I'm a terrible friend if I don't tell them, I am also a terrible girlfriend because I can't even tell my boyfriend and I feel terrible. 

Here is why I can't tell anyone:

My ex husband is a very abusive controlling person, and this is the only why my parents and I could think of to get my kids and I away from here safely. I have sole custody (full leagal custody) of my kids and I was told by the judge that it is up to me if I want my ex to see my kids. Everyone already knows that I planned on moving anyway to the next state over (including my boyfriend) so it's not like me moving is going to be a big surprise, it's just where I am moving to. I really feel that this is what will be best for my kids. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vampyrechic
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Its in two years...Why worry about it now? Two years gives you plenty of time to figure out a way to tell everyone youre moving. 

Liz132
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

If you think that will keep your kids safe do it. Why are you waiting 2 years?

AFWifeNMom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM
If your ex is abusive and you need to get away, why are you waiting 2 years?? And why can't you tell your bf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazdvl
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:09 AM
You leaving you boyfriend behind?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM
What everyone else asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Huh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I have to finish college, I have already started and got a full pell grant and really want to finish, and we also need to save the money for the move (my parents are moving as well). And my parents asked that I not tell my boyfriend because we really want to keep it as quite as possible, he already knows I plan to move anyways and he knew that before we started dating. We wont be saying anything till about 6 months before we move and then it will still be to just a few people because we don't want my ex to find out.

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

If your ex is abusive and you need to get away, why are you waiting 2 years?? And why can't you tell your bf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I really don't want to but he knew going into this with me that I was planning on moving, its just a bit farther than what I had planned.

Quoting tazdvl:

You leaving you boyfriend behind?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Why wouldn't you ask your boyfriend to move with you?
Sunshine257
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

If it is such a bad situation waiting to finish school would not be my priority. I don't know just saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN