Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you always tell your SO when something is bothering you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

I am going to make this as short as possible...

Me and my DH have been going through some stuff and as of right now our problem is that I do not like when he is on his cell phone texting/facebook whatever.  He started talking to this woman in February that he met at a party and I thought they had something going on, but he and she said they are just friends.  I even talked to a mutual friend of both of them and she tells me they are just friends blah blah blah.  Well as much as I believe that, I still HATE when I him texting her.  I wanted to have sex last night and before I made my move he was on his phone and that already was pissing me off and then I saw he was texting her.  I do not know what about and I have learned to just keep my mouth shut because we just argue about it when I ask what they are talking about.  So obviously that put me in a sour mood and I just went to bed.  Well an hour or so later he wakes me up trying to get some... we hardly ever have sex while he is awake and this was one of the problems because I felt like he didn't want me unless he was already sleeping.  I was still pissed off so I pretty much ignored him... I was tired anyway, I do not like being woke up. 

So I text him this morning telling him no more sleep sex... "I don't like getting woke up and we only did it like once while you awake already since we talked about it. I don't care once in awhile, but if you want it in the middle of the night your going to have to be more sweet or something I dunno" That is exactly what I said and he said "lol I forgot about that haha" I just said yeah then he said lol again. I didn't respond the the lol because that kind of pissed me off too that he thinks it is funny and I am being serious.  Like 45 mins he texts me again and says "what the hell is your problem" and I just said what did I say?

That was like half an hour ago and he hasn't reponded to that...  I do have a problem, but he has told me before that the only way I can get over my jealousy is to not bring it up.  So I guess I am listening to him, but he still can tell something is bothering me.  It is always the samething you would thnk he knows what is bothering me... him talking to that woman.  He told me recently that he doesn't talk to her that much anymore because he knows it bothers me. 

Really I do not feel I have to tell him every time I am feeling bothered by him talking to her, he has already acknowledge that he knows it does.  It just drives me crazy when I KNOW he is talking to her and then I think what are they talking about and how often does he talk to her when I am not around or when he is at work.  I am not even his friend on facebook anymore because he doesn't want me "stalking his facebook" BLAHHH sorry this is so long...  I don't even know if it has anything to do with the title anymore.

EDIT****

Just to clarify I guess you can say I "started" it by having an emotional affair starting like 2 years ago, but it was one sided and I hardly talked to the guy and as far as I know he didn't even know I had feelings for him.  It is just that now I feel like the tables have turned and I am now the "victim"

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bearscubed
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yes and no. When I know he's been taking his medications, I leave him alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I told DH every time I was bothered by something. He never cared. After years and years of me complaining and telling him I was getting very angry and him not changing anything...I left and I have never been happier. He is quite miserable at the moment and I am super glad he is finally the miserable one doing all the cooking, cleaning, childcare, and working just like I had to do.

mom2bell
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Not my type of marriage. Sorry! I wouldn't like that either and would make it stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inlovewithcraig
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

why does he have a problem i fu ask what they r talking about? if my hubby did that then he wouldnt be ble to talk to women..if he has a problem with me knowing what is being said then he doesnt need to talk to the person. simple as that

2littledaisies
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I always take every situation and flip flop it and think how it would make me feel..obviously youre on the crappy end of this situaiton but how would he feel if you spent your time texting some guy friend? Maybe that needs to be brought to his attention if he wouldnt be okay with that. In your situation i would def have a problem with it.. DH was friends with a girl who i also knew but she was super shady with me which made me iffy on the situation. They dont talk anymore.. Just like i dont talk to one of my old close guy friends bc like your SO i was doing it too much and he felt slighted.. Neither of us are controlling (despite what it may sound like for some people) we just have a mutual respect..if it bothers one of us we let each other know so we can fix the problem & thats how our marriage rolls along smoothly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM

no i don't cause typically it is him that is bothering me 

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I don't.. because we argue and nothing ever changes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I'm sort of in a similar boat. They news ti stop asking when they know. But then it bugs me when he doesn't ask so lose lose.
Personally, I think he should stop. Mine did. And we're not even married.Our situation is a little more weird though. Sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Nope.
Pink_Sunshine
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I never have to. It's hard for him not to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN