Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This woman saved my son **PIC ON PAGE 3**^^Pic of DS on page 10!^^

Posted by   + Show Post
My son was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and heterotaxy syndrome while in utero. I learned he would have to be born in Seattle, 600 miles away from home, and have open heart surgery ASAP.
When I told my family this, the first question they asked if how am I going to pay to stay in Seattle for 3 months.
My mother works at the local pharmacy/general store and decided to set up a donation jar.
The word spread around town of my sons defects and soon there were donation jars all over town. Just a week before I was set to leave for Seattle, they had a fundraiser for us. "Giving Baby Monte A Piece Of Our Heart"
In all, over $9000 was donated.
Word spread to prayer groups and relatives all over the US.
One older lady in Utah was devastated by what she learned. So she set out to make a blanket and send to me while in Seattle.
Half way through making the blanket, she had a heart attack.
While in the hospital, recovering, she worked on the blanket. Doctors asked her to rest and put the blanket down.
"Why are you working on this blanket so hard? Can't it wait until you're recovered?"
"I'm giving my life to another."

May 3rd, at 7:30am, Monte was wheeled into surgery.
May 3rd, at 7:00am, she finished the blanket.
May 3rd, at 7:30am, she died.

I believe this lady gave her life to God in order to keep my little one safe.

I don't care what you think, bash away if you must.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (131-138):
motheroprincess
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM

How wonderful!  God is really great!  what a blessing that woman gave you!  **sniffle**

barbb60
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Not many of us have a chance to knowingly give our lives for another...This woman was given the opportunity to do this and carried through with her, IMHO, God given gift, to the end. What a Beautiful gift...
Sandiekd21
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, I am not Christian, but that is an amazing story. I got teary-eyed while reading it.
I would never bash you for this, anyone who would is completely heartless!
I am so glad your son made it.
Please tell me you still have the blanket. And that you tell your DS about the special lady who made it for him.

Sandiekd21
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

He is an absolute doll! I'm not a 'reader' but I sense a strength in him.
He is perfect. Congrats, Momma.
Major hugs to you both, and that generous woman. The blanket is beautiful.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

This is my guy as of today. He is 3 months old and going strong! I would post a picture of him after surgery but that would be too sad for some.

Mother to (IMO) the two best kids EVER born. I am a vaxing, corporal punishment (when called for!), loving, teaching my kids to be good, kind, caring, strong, independant people kinda MOMMA.
I am almost an LMT and love making people feel good!

carpe_noctem
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

That's a beautiful story.  I cried while reading this.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I know it probably sounds sick, but would you post a pic of him after surgery? I'm curious to see what your miracle survived

He looks so healthy and happy, congrats momma

Quoting Ninjabubble:

This is my guy as of today. He is 3 months old and going strong! I would post a picture of him after surgery but that would be too sad for some.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:05 AM

What an amazing story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN