Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to vent *warning: may be strong debate!!!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
19 moms liked this

As a Christian, it makes me sick that other "christians" support Chick-fil-a based on the owner's view of homosexuality!!!

These "Christians" should know better that it is NOT THERE PLACE TO JUDGE!!! IT IS GOD WHO CAN ONLY JUDGE!!!

Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor"?

What a way to be Christian people, you are supposedly quoting the bible when obviously you are not following what it is said!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Drochmheas
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM
13 moms liked this

While I might not agree with his personal opinion, I do support his right to run his business any way he damn well pleases.

TurtleSquish
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM
9 moms liked this

I'm not christian but I am gay. He has every right to run his buisness the way he wants. People have every right to boycott or to support.

I think it's possible for people to support traditional marriage and still be loving toward the homosexual community. It hurts my heart, but it's true.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

So you all believe that it is ok to personally attack people as a pubicity stunt?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I support adults to marry anyone they want, and as many as they want.

I also support people to be able to believe how they want, and run their business as they see best.

If someone want to boycott them, go for it. I don't eat there bc they are expensive for what you get. I would still eat there if I wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittle_jitters
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I am all for gay marriage. But we avoid them anyways.....we have 2 children with severe nut allergies and they cook their food in peanut oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM
They read what they want from the bible and ignore the rest.
marine.wifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

90% of those who preach don't follow. I like that you're Christian enough to admit that there is a place in the bible for acceptance... Many forget that. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It is not just the restaurant, it is an example of how "Christians" can really be . . . I do strongly believe that is no one's place to judge others based on sexual orientation, race, etc.

I do take the 10 Commandments seriously, if others did to the world would be a better place to tell you the truth

AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

You can not agree with someone and still love them, just because you don't agree, it doesn't mean that you judge.  From my understanding CFA never once bashed homosexuality, they just said they support traditional marriage.  They also said that homosexuals will not be turned away, they will be served and never turned away.  How is that judging?

areles
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM
6 moms liked this

the logic here is so flawed.

every single person you meet has their own set of beliefs.  and every business you frequent is chockful of people with their own set of beliefs, all different and conflicting, and many aren't gonna be the same as yours.

the only difference between CFA dude and most people is that he has the ability to donate to causes that support his beliefs.

so you can go eat at, i don't know, kfc instead, but the guy taking your order might be a dog fighter.  the woman putting your bucket o' chicken in the bag might be a child abuser.  the guy at your grocery store ringing up your groceries might be a closet pedophile.

i'm totally okay with people boycotting, but i'm also okay with people NOT boycotting.  continuing to eat at CFA doesn't automatically mean someone is a christian who is judging gays; it could simply mean they like shitty fast food chicken more than they care about gay marriage.  i don't know.

who am i to judge?

(see what i did there?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN