Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I breastfed and I got free

Posted by   + Show Post

pump kits.  Actually, I got free pump kits with all 4 of my boys.

Do they not give those to breastfeeding moms anymore?  The formula feeding mom got free formula samples from the formula manufacturers and the breastfeeding moms got free pump kits from Medela.

I don't see an issue.  It doesn't affect me either way.  I don't care what companies want to offer little goody bags and freebies to new moms.

by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Replies (51-60):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I received a free hand pump but when I discovered that my son was going to have to be pumped and fed via bottle I bought a nice electric one. :) 

ginnjuice

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Honestly I don't know why people are so obsessed with getting free stuff. I'm so picky that I wouldn't use it if they offered it to me. I research everything before I use it for any of my family members. I wouldn't just take whatever was free.
Bethsunshine
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I never got a free pump kit when my boys were babies. I got formula samples, and I think I got a small sample of lanolin cream and breast pads but no free pump kit. I bought my own pump from ebay.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

XJetX
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Oh if it weren't for lanolin I think my boobs would have fallen off! Lol, the little bit of formula I got came from the hospital, and was nice for extended car rides

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Me too. I completely forgotten I was given a hand pump because it was so useless it didn't stick out in my mind from the tons of other freebies (magazines, bib and burp cloth, an overwhelming array of information) they hand out to all new moms. I wish they had given me some lanolin instead - now THAT would have been useful. I think the diaper bag + 2 cans of formula may have actually come from the pediatrician rather than the hospital though...I really can't remember for sure.

Quoting XJetX:

They gave me a hand pump and some formula. I bf'd, and the pumps from the hospital suck! (Err, don't suck, rather.) I didn't end up needing it anyway :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I rented a hospital grade pump when my babies were in the NICU. all the parts/hoses were included brand new at no additional cost.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
This and the damned thing made my nipps bleed :/

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

I wish I got a free one. I spent almost 300 on my breast pump and only used it 3 times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
My sister got the free Medela at the hospital when she had my nephew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
My insurance provided me with a Medela pump in style, I loved that pump!
ack86
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I was given a manual pump with my first son, and was given formula samples with all three.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
No I was given a free manual pump from wic that did not fit my 46J breasts.

If I had had access to electric equipment or something that FIT I likely would have kept breastfeeding.

Part of obamacare went into effect today. Most insurances must now cover Brest feeding supplies at NO CHARGE.

Score one Obama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN