Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annie's Mac&Cheese?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 61 Replies

Growing up all I wanted was the cheap boxed mac&cheese.  Now, as an adult I want homemade the few times I want mac&cheese.  I'm just not a macaroni and cheese type of girl and Naeem hates it.  He hates anything with cheese in it.  Anyway, the last time I was at the store I just happened to see a mom there buying a lot of this brand.  I've never tried it.  She kept raving and raving about how good it is.  How it's the best stuff when it comes to boxed mac&cheese.  So since it was on sale I thought why the heck not buy a box to try.  I did and well i'm not that impressed.  Infact, i'd take the quarter priced box of cheap mac&cheese over it.  Atleast it was edible...  this stuff is just nastaaaaaaaaay.  Well, atleast the kind I got is.  It was spirals w/ parmesan and butter or something like that.  They had a whole showcase of different flavors.  I wasn't sure what to try.  So my question is... do you serve your kids this?  What kind is best?  Do you like it?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

We have Nature's Promise and we use that.  It's organic!

alwayskk
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I've tried the brand. Some of the flavors are better than others but overall, I think it's gross.

laceycolston
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I get the egg shells one and it is amazing:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I love macaroni and cheese!  However, we don't eat it often cause its really not that healthy for you(especially the kind in the box) but I am pregnant and crave macaroni and cheese a lot.  I always just by the kraft kind and doctor it up a little.  Its completely unhealthy and not even real cheese lol but I love it anyways.  Thankfully, I live with a macaroni nazi(DH hates mac and cheese) and he limits my supply for me lol.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I thought they were disgusting too and I tried a couple different flavors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Uhm....  not sure i've ever seen that brand.  What store do you buy it at?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

We have Nature's Promise and we use that.  It's organic!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I love it! :) I buy it sometimes, the few times I've tasted it I've loved it. I usually buy the shells and white cheddar. Organic is better than the 'natural'.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM

it has a lot of something my kid cant have.. i don't remember what it is off the top of my head tho.. maybe food coloring? 

ginnjuice

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I hare Annie's
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carpe_noctem
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM

My child doesn't like any boxed mac and cheese and neither do I. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured