Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cigarettes are EVIL!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I WANT to quit so badly, i just can't. I've tried patches, gum, Chantix, and cold turkey and nothing helps. I do NOT like the person that i become when i haven't had a cigarette. I am impatient, emotional, and a downright bitch. I wish that i could take a 2 week vacation ALONE on a beautiful beach somewhere ALL ALONE with no cigs..that way i don't have as much stress or anyone around me to take out my cravings on. I hear that is all it really takes is 2 full weeks nicotine free, but i can't even make it 2 damn hours!

I know in my mind that i need to quit for my children and my health and my wallet, but regardless of these very important reasons i still cannot put them down! I've been a smoker for about 10 years now. I wish i could travel back in time and say NO. NO, NO, and HELL NO.

End rant
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  Today is day 19 without a cigarette, and i broke down and cried yesterday.  Still havent smoked, but i feel so bad because I feel like im taking my anger out on my daughter sometimes... i dont play with her as much as i used to.  My sense of humor is gone! I hate the person I am right now, but trying my best to just stay strong and get through it.  I really hope I start turning back to my old self.  I know that it's hard.  Just try your best!!! Thats all you can do!

Dawn4175
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM
You CAN do it. It's mind over matter. When you want it bad enough you'll do it. I quit last November after nearly 25 years of a pack a day habit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM

This......Week 4 was the hardest for me, and I ended up giving in.  

Quoting angie944:

I know exactly how you feel.  Today is day 19 without a cigarette, and i broke down and cried yesterday.  Still havent smoked, but i feel so bad because I feel like im taking my anger out on my daughter sometimes... i dont play with her as much as i used to.  My sense of humor is gone! I hate the person I am right now, but trying my best to just stay strong and get through it.  I really hope I start turning back to my old self.  I know that it's hard.  Just try your best!!! Thats all you can do!

ddemarco
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM

See if someone will take your children for 2 weeks.  It sounds horrible but it gives you that motivation you need.  If you haven't quit smoking, you don't get your kids back.  And you're not taking it out on them.

Everyone else around you?  Just explain that you are quitting so you're sorry in advance for any outbursts and hurt feelings.

XJetX
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I quit for four years then started up again about a month ago because I was so stressed out. I hate it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM

This! Do you have any trusted family that would do this? I know it seems extreme, but it's two weeks away for your heatlh, and your babies health! I am also a smoker and I hate myself for it, I wish I could do this.

Quoting ddemarco:

See if someone will take your children for 2 weeks.  It sounds horrible but it gives you that motivation you need.  If you haven't quit smoking, you don't get your kids back.  And you're not taking it out on them.

Everyone else around you?  Just explain that you are quitting so you're sorry in advance for any outbursts and hurt feelings.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:55 PM
agreed. They are evil! Its why I dont contribute to minors or quitters... Had I not had someone who bought me smokes as a minor I would probably have never started. Both my mom and my grams quit after 20 years of smoking. i need to but dont wanna :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Quoting ddemarco:

i would jump on the opportunity to do this if i had someone :/ DH and i get a date night twice a YEAR on average..so 2 weeks seems unreal lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting cLanief:

agreed. They are evil! Its why I dont contribute to minors or quitters... Had I not had someone who bought me smokes as a minor I would probably have never started. Both my mom and my grams quit after 20 years of smoking. i need to but dont wanna :'(

im right there with you on that! I refuse to share cigs with quitters also. My best friend about kicked my ass because i wouldnt give her just one lol you know as well as i do that there is usually no such thing as "just one"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)