Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me out legal eagles!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM
  • 29 Replies

Why is she only charged with aggravated child abuse???

SMYRNA, Tenn.-  The mother of the two children  found dead inside a car in a driveway at a home on Old Nashville Highway has been arrested. 

Officials were called out to the home just before 4 p.m. Thursday. Smyrna Police Sgt. Bobby Gibson said when officers arrived at the home the two children were found lying outside the car. It appeared as though the deceased children had been pulled out from the car, but officers were unsure who might have tried to rescue the children.

Police officials said that the children, a two-year-old girl and three-year-old boy appeared to have died from heat stroke. Sgt. Gibson said the children were trapped inside a car for an undetermined amount of time. 

"It doesn't take a lot of time before it can become a deadly situation for someone trapped inside a car," said Smyrna Police Sgt. Gibson.

The children's mother Samantha Harper was charged with two counts of especially aggravated child abuse. 

Old Nashville Highway in front of the home was closed for nearly a mile in each direction while officers investigated the scene.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I'm not sure. Was it her home? There aren't very many details. Why people get charged with things often depends on more than just what they did.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I feel like your signature is not the most tactful for this post.

Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I think with murder there has to be intent to cause harm. What she did was negletful/abusing but i doubt she was intentionally trying to kill them. This is aweful! My kids are 3 and 4 boy/girl and it hit a little close to home. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
What's her signature?

Quoting Shermy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trisha234
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM
That's what she was charged with for now. I am sure other serious charges will be brought in the coming days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Quoting Shermy:

You'll live.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

What does her Siggy have to do with anything?

She has had that siggy for a while now....she should change it because YOU think its not tactful for this post.....smdh.

Quoting Shermy:

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quoting Susan0805:

I think with murder there has to be intent to cause harm. What she did was negletful/abusing but i doubt she was intentionally trying to kill them. This is aweful! My kids are 3 and 4 boy/girl and it hit a little close to home. :-(

I don't think it was murder but I think there was some child endangerment and neglect involved.

Someone pointed out that other charges may be pending.That may be true.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I was kidding, it just seemed sort of sick to put a happy face after making a joke about children who died maliciously in the heat. 

Quoting Sassy762:

What does her Siggy have to do with anything?

She has had that siggy for a while now....she should change it because YOU think its not tactful for this post.....smdh.

Quoting Shermy:

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Quoting Trisha234:

That's what she was charged with for now. I am sure other serious charges will be brought in the coming days.

You are probably right.I did not think about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)