Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I think being gay is a mental illness......EDIT... EDIT 2 EDIT 3

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies
3 moms liked this

This isn't meant to bash anyone. Just giving my thoughts on why I think being gay is a mental illness.....

You don't have to agree, everyone has their own thoughts and opinions... This is simply mine....

Be gay if that's what floats your boat. I could care less, but those who are gay and goes as far as to dress like the opposite sex, leaves me to think you have a mental illness. Clearly you are not the opposite sex, and to dress like you are in mental.

How would it look, if I or anyone else for that matter, dressed like they were a vegetable, or a peice of furniture, or an animal? If someone did that, they would be committed because it's clearly a mental issue.

Be gay and get married if that's what you want, but WHY dress as the opposite sex at your wedding? You aren't that opposite sex, sure you may "fee" like you are, but you aren't...

Just like some mental people feel like they are king kong, or spider man... Just because they "feel" like they are doesn't  mean they are....

Just my thoughts.

Edit:

Go on and say all the rude mean things you wish, I started by sayingI didn't want to bash, that this was just my thoughts... And for some reason you all feel the need to say mean things towards me. I'am serious, If I was to walk around dressed like a chair, or spider man in my day to day life, people would put me in the mental ward. I feel the same about seeing a gay man, dress as a woman or a gay woman dress as a man... You aren't the opposite sex, so WHYon earth dress like one? It comes off mental no matter how you look at it...

Sorry, I didn't mean that ALL gay people are mental, just the ones who choose to dress as the opposite sex, you aren't fooling anyone by dressing like the opposite sex.

Let me ask this then. I've heard many people make remarks about a white kid dressing like a 'thug' or talking like a 'thug', because people typically associate that with black people ( i mean no offense by this) and they will make a comment about how that kid is a 'wanna be'... How is that any different from a female dressing like a man, or a man dressing like a woman? See what I'm saying?

How do you think the world would take it, if a white man decided he wanted to be black, because he 'felt' thats what he was on the 'inside' and he painted his skin black and wore a wig to look like black people's hair? maybe he would even go as far as to have plasitc surgery done to make his face look more of a black person, do you think the world would see NOTHING wrong with that?

no i'm not going to delete this post. I posted this to say what my thought was, and see what others thought, thinking maybe someone could discuss something openly and who knows, maybe some one could actually give some real good info/thoughts. I didn't post this, with a closed mind. I didn't intend to bash nor hurt anyone. If I have, I truly apologize. It was not my intent at all.

I didn't say ANYONE who wears something of the opposite sex has a mental issue, I guess I should have been extremely clear on that so you wouldn't take it and run with it.

What I'm talking about it, when you see what's clearly a man, dressed up basically in drag, trying to portray him self as a woman. That's what looks mental, because to me it's like you are trying to convince everyone who comes around you , that you are a woman instead of the man you are.

I was hoping that maybe at least 1 person, maybe even a gay person could discuss this with me, and perhaps even teach me something that I don't know about gay people. I don't hate them, i'm not against them. I clearly don't understand anything about them and that was the reason for my post.

I'm truly sorry that so many of you took offense to this post, sorry I hurt you or anyone by posting this.

Continue if you need to bash me or say hateful things, it doesn't hurt me, because I realize there is something in your life that is causing you to feel the need to bash someone you don't know for merely wanting to discuss something.

you all could have taken this as a chance to educate people, hell even educate me... Instead you took this route.... what a shame  :(

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM
13 moms liked this
You're an idiot. Please do the world a favor, leave the thinking to people who can actually do it.
mommamimzy2
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Oh fuck.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No but they do develop mental problems because of having to hide their lifestyle and becoming paranoid.Not all but a lot.

It is not a mental illness.My mother had mental illness.My brother taught me everything I know about being a girl.If not for him,I would be a hairy rotten crotch!

smem24
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I wonder if this is the same troll anon that posted the last ones bashing gays?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getoesuepastah
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
4 moms liked this

first off being gay and transgender are 2 different things, and neither is a mental illness regardless of what ur small brain thinks

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I know, right? This post is like hanging up a huge banner that says, "I HAVE NO IDEA WTF I'M TALKING ABOUT." I mean, I'm used to the usual cm ignorance, but this is extra special.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an idiot. Please do the world a favor, leave the thinking to people who can actually do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
what the fuckity fuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I agree
.shank.
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this
You have to be fucking kidding....

It shocks me this kind of stupid exists in the world today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN