Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They reduced child support...

Posted by   + Show Post
And I couldn't be happier. My SO filed a child support modification and it's been signed off by a judge We now pay $700 less to his ex. That's great news for us. As of August 1st we will have $700 more to budget with or put away. ;-)

Eta. Included in his CO he is responsible for school supplies and school lunches. And to carry their insurance.

Edit. Lol. It's now the 5th. She has gotten all her CS This month and is wondering where the rest is. Are you fucking kidding me?

And to add if he didn't have an acceptable home for them to be in when they are with us he would lose custody. Him paying her too much and failing financially on his end could be jeopardizing his custody.

Eta. 8/20 They start school this Wednesday. BM has demanded that we send owe their school clothes. Of course she didn't buy any. So fucking predictable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Replies (121-130):
boo1985
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
There are different forms of support. If one parent has financial support covered, I see no reason they can't choose for household, educational and emotional support on a full time 24hr basis, if that's what works for them.

Quoting honeyrder:

Damn. I can't believe that so many are saying that women don't have responsibility for supporting their kids. smh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMaskedMommy
by Drama Llama on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM

This is interesting.  I'd like to hear you out on this one.  Dh makes more than enough money for me to stay at home with our children.  Why exactly is it that I "should" work (I assume you mean having employment outside the home that results in a paycheck)?  Dh and I agree that I should stay home and care for the children, him, and the household.  Who exactly are you to say everyone "should" work?  I love glittering generalizations....

Quoting honeyrder:

I can agree that she should work. We all should. Do you?

Quoting QueenBof6:

Um. If mom worked they wouldn't get less. We have them 50 % of the time. If mom can't man up and take care of her end that's her problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are happy his kids will now get less, so you all can have more? Hmmm okay

*nil carborundum illegitimi*

jlg12678
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM
She has a sahm issue.

Quoting TheMaskedMommy:

This is interesting.  I'd like to hear you out on this one.  Dh makes more than enough money for me to stay at home with our children.  Why exactly is it that I "should" work (I assume you mean having employment outside the home that results in a paycheck)?  Dh and I agree that I should stay home and care for the children, him, and the household.  Who exactly are you to say everyone "should" work?  I love glittering generalizations....

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting QueenBof6:

Um. If mom worked they wouldn't get less. We have them 50 % of the time. If mom can't man up and take care of her end that's her problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are happy his kids will now get less, so you all can have more? Hmmm okay

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this
After reading all of the replies I've got to say that some of you women have serious poles up your asses. I am a bm and I can tell you that I would not even dream of trying to get dd's father to pay all of the bills so I could stay home. I help create dd I need to help support dd. Glad thinga worked out for you OP and ignore those women that seem to have poles inserted in their ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Damn! His ex is pissed I'm sure.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Clearly.

Quoting jlg12678:

She has a sahm issue.

Quoting TheMaskedMommy:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting QueenBof6:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's kicked in yet. She went and bought a new car a couple weeks ago. She will be pissed when she gets her first bill and he's no longer responsible for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn! His ex is pissed I'm sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Same here. My ex and I do 50/50. I could file for support as he makes a bit more than I do. I would NEVER do that. He is more successful because he made better choices when he was young than I did. It is not on him to support the lifestyle I had when we were together-if I want that I need to get it myself (which I do with my full time job).

Quoting jkleinman:

After reading all of the replies I've got to say that some of you women have serious poles up your asses. I am a bm and I can tell you that I would not even dream of trying to get dd's father to pay all of the bills so I could stay home. I help create dd I need to help support dd. Glad thinga worked out for you OP and ignore those women that seem to have poles inserted in their ass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Thank you. And if this arrangement ever fails I will be going to work full time and not expecting a dime from him.

Quoting jkleinman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I think in 50/50 cases there shouldn't be child support, but congrats on getting it lowered!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)