Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you kiss your kids on the lips?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I feel very uncomfortable with kissing my son on the lips, though I don't find it strange when I see others kiss their kids on the lips. What are your thoughts on this?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Replies (81-89):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I still kiss my parents on the lips. I kiss my baby brother on the lips, too. He is 23. It is awkward trying to kiss them on the cheek. Seems forced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Do it all the time, they are my babies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
With all my kids i do and did. My oldest ds 13 i havent for years. We kiss on the cheek. Same with my second oldest ds 10 soon to be 11am my dd 7 still do. And my youngest 5 since he 18 months he only wanted a kiss on the lips. Lol my sils do not kiss on lips and he would grab thier heads and make them kiss him on the lips. So far he is the only nephew they let do that and they have a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
After a certain age, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I kiss my children on the lips.  I don't know why you feel that way.  I don't mind my kids giving kisses on the lips. We all love each other and kisses are sweet expressions of love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I agree, i guess I just grew up in a family where you express love differently depending on the type of relationships.  My parents always kiss me on the forehead or cheek, and always give me hugs, but i just never grew up getting kissed on the lips.

Quoting etsmom:

I kiss my children on the lips.  I don't know why you feel that way.  I don't mind my kids giving kisses on the lips. We all love each other and kisses are sweet expressions of love.

momblessedw2
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I used to kiss my son on the lips when he was little, but then my dd was born prematuraly, and we had to be carefull of germs,so we started kissing on the cheek. But there is nothing wrong with it, lol i wouldent kiss him on the lips now, he is almost 19 to weird lol, and dd is almost 12 so that's not happening lol.

krayzbabylove
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I am a lip kisser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livv066
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I don't. I think that should be designated for my DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)