Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reproduction Test/Class

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking that there needs to be a test people take before they are approved to be parents.
You should be taught what to do in case of an emergency if your car goes into water, or catches fire.
There should be a lesson on PROPER car seat rules and such.
Typical first aid and CPR.
If after these classes you fail to demonstrate how to properly handle these situations you can't have kids.

I'm just sick of seeing moms leave their kids in hot cars, or outside without an adult, or if a car goes into a river then parents can get everyone out.(Though this one is a tough one)? Joe and I are getting a car seat belt cutter/ window breaker to put in our car.

What do you think about a test like this? What would you add to this test? Or take away? :)

** No no not a Hitler type thing. Just a simple test to make sure that before you have kids you won't go crazy and eat their brain. And to make sure that you won't leave your kid in a car and go shopping!
I love seeing comments about CPR being a requirement. :)
FYI: we ruled out forced BC because that's too extreme. Lol we dont need that much control.
And let's say not even a test, maybe a class on how to properly do all this stuff and how to not leave your kid in a hot car. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Byrd15
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Bump :p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I sucked at tests in school I doubt I'd do any good on this test too. Lol Thankfully I'm not a pos parent and know how to do and handle those types of things. I would die saving my child no matter what situation it was.
mama2gg
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup agree

You need a license to drive or fish but to bring life into this world Aww fuck it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I think there is a huge difference in leaving a kid in a hot car and not knowing how to handle an emergency. Or not being able to react in an emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Too bad you can't test people's maturity..... i'm tired of seeing kids have kids. And by kids, I mean people who act like teenagers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with that! How would you enforce it? The people that would take the test are probably the ones that don't need it!
Byrd15
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I think if you show good parenting skills and that you won't kill it leave your kids in a car to die your ok. And fully buckle your kids in their car seat instead of a case of beer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I sucked at tests in school I doubt I'd do any good on this test too. Lol Thankfully I'm not a pos parent and know how to do and handle those types of things. I would die saving my child no matter what situation it was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Ironically to adopt a child or even an embryo for ivf you have too...oh and you have to be financially self sufficient and your home has to be up to par.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM

bump

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM
4 moms liked this

no. 

Look at all the different "styles" of parenting out there... the test would be biased toward one style no matter how it was written and plenty of people who otherwise would have been perfectly good parents would not be "allowed" to have kids.... How scary does that sound. Not to mention that you could lie your ass off, have the kids, and still not give  a hoot.... Or what if someone passed the test and then changed as a parent once they had the baby? Because that is what happens a lot....

And in emergency situations, NO ONE would know how they would react exactly. So if the test only covered emergencies/safety... well, that still wouldnt gauge how they would react and how effective the training really was.

I vehemently oppose allowing that kind of thing into my life.... I figured out the "right" way by myself TYVM... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured