Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Text While Driving?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 172 Replies

Do you text while driving? I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL! There isn't anything that important that ANyone has to say that's worth risking my life for! Sorry...you can all WAIT! 

Man Texts “I need to quit texting” Before Driving Into a Ravine
About six months ago, Chance Bothe typed out a text message while driving down a familiar Texas road. It was a simple “b right there,” but it changed the 21-year-old man’s life. While sending it, he veered off the road and into a ravine. Instead of visiting his pal, the young man wound up in a hospital, battling for his life.

rest of the article....goo.gl/WOmxg

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Nope. I think anyone who does, is a fool. It has been proven to be worse than drunk driving.

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

No, and I NEVER will. I don't text anyway but, I keep my phone in my glove box. I don't think there is anything THAT important. If it is, or you need to take the call then PULL OVER.

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't drive but even if I did I would never do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing worth risking anyone's life over to text or talk on the phone while driving.  It's stupid for anyone to text or talk on the phone while driving.  Nothing is so important that you can't wait until you stop driving to answer them.  

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

NOPE! And I get PISSED when I am in the car with my mom and she whips out her phone. I tell her, you may risk your life when you are alone, but dont you dare risk me and your grandkids lives!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
4 moms liked this
At red lights I do
Leobaby2007
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
No. Too dangerous. I was an idiot and tried it once. I almost drove off the side of the road. I was extremely lucky I did not hurt myself or anyone else. I have never attempted that feat again. It's impossible to text while driving and be safe. Impossible.
Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Never

armywife0424
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Only when I feel like dieing.......no seriously, I wait till I get where I'm going before I txt. Before I had my girls I used to which was irresponsible because I could of killed someone else. I always feel guilty about it especially when they show those txt accident commercials.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

No, never!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured