Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Want Me To Cover Up When Breastfeeding

Posted by   + Show Post

You'll have to go through my son. He'll poke you in the eye.

He say's if I cover up in the 100 ° heat, so do YOU!

BTW- I'm only "covered" bc he hadn't lifted my shirt into my face before I took the picture. -- No, people don't want "just the boob" covered. If they did, I wouldn't get looks of death, as my shirt covers us when out. They want the ENTIRE baby covered. Even then, many hate the IDEA of knowing what baby is doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (51-60):
mcr17
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

gimme a breakeye rolling

beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

what you have in the pic is exactly what they want you to do no one is asking you to cover baby up just your boob my kids don't need to see a random strangers boobs when we go out and don't just don't look once its seen it cant be unseen....i breastfed my son at first too so i know how it feels to be out in public and needing to do it but i felt awekward just wiping out my boob in front of strangers their not asking for you to smother your baby under a blanket in the heat their asking for your to be modest and not show everyone your business

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Why bless their hearts! Hopefully they have some redeeming qualities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should have your whole breast covered period. In the words of my step son he says It's just not right what women do to breast feed and he's 28 yrs old. He thinks it's nasty.He thinks that's why there is a thing called breast pump pump if you're going to be out in public and feed them from a bottle. My other son in law thinks they should have a baby feeding station inside the bathrooms and he also commented that most people he sees breast feed are homely he thinks if you're going to breast feed at least be good looking All his words not mine.

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

seriously? thats crazy! I've never been asked, but I don't get too many stares either... and the stares I do get, get laser beams shot at them through my eyes, in my head... LOL

Quoting JLS2388:

I have been asked several different times (was was even using a blanket).

Quoting SusieQue717:

I wish someone would ask me to go to the bathroom! I really do! I'm not a person that likes to fight alot, but I'd enjoy this fight!

Quoting JLS2388:

In my experience, many people would rather not see it at all, which is why moms are often asked to go to the bathroom or another room

Quoting anotherhalf:

I don't think anyone wants you to cover up your baby.  Just the boob, which you did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
DId you not get enough drama in the other post? Is that why you started your own? Smh....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should have your whole breast covered period. In the words of my step son he says It's just not right what women do to breast feed and he's 28 yrs old. He thinks it's nasty.He thinks that's why there is a thing called breast pump pump if you're going to be out in public and feed them from a bottle. My other son in law thinks they should have a baby feeding station inside the bathrooms and he also commented that most people he sees breast feed are homely he thinks if you're going to breast feed at least be good looking All his words not mine.

They are both very smart intelligent men with families of their own. I think more men think & feel this then us women want to admit & they aren't going to admit it because that would be disrespecting their spouses.Then they wouldn't be getting sex either if they voiced their opinions. Women make life hell for men so they just sit back & take whatever we say is the gospel truth.

I can Honestly say from some of the men I read on here I would take these 2 guys in a heart beat. They are kind caring Men.

casanderson1
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Did you do the big latch on today! I went :)

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Your stepson thinks it's "nasty" to feed one's baby. Your SIL thinks that women should feed their babies in rooms with airborne fecal matter and that only women he finds sexy should feed their babies in public. They sound like absolute peaches.

I find the objectification of women so attractive and refreshing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting Anonymous:

They are both very smart intelligent men with families of their own. I think more men think & feel this then us women want to admit & they aren't going to admit it because that would be disrespecting their spouses.Then they wouldn't be getting sex either if they voiced their opinions. Women make life hell for men so they just sit back & take whatever we say is the gospel truth.

I can Honestly say from some of the men I read on here I would take these 2 guys in a heart beat. They are kind caring Men.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I don't care what you do with your titties or your kid but could we cover up and quit beating the dead horse!

hope_love_dream
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

how mature.

baby needs to eat, and she has a right to feed however she pleases

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a sick person. Do it in private in a closed room. Pump and bottle feed if your in public. Its people like you that need slapped because your being a SMARTASS! slap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)