Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am divorcing my MIL!

Posted by   + Show Post
My ex has been kicked out of his mom's house. He is now living at his brother's house. He works for his parents, but doesn't see a penny of his checks. His mother took his cards and allots his checks for his bills and buys his cigs for him. He tells her when he needs something and she goes to get it or goes with him with his card or checks. Anyway, my kids aren't getting childsupport. They aren't going to his house. They go to their grandma's when it is their dad's visitation. Ex-mil has paid a lawyer for my ex to take full custody and fight child support. I pay for everything for them and she gets them for visits, yet it is him I will be facing on Monday in Mediation. I am angry, confused and upset. I am broke and she is rich and thinks that makes her a better parent than me. He has no control over his money and she says that if I 'need' child support than I shouldn't have them. I feel like screaming and crying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Have it so that every time she files, she has to pay your court fees. Judges don't like it when people come up and say, your judgement wasn't good enough, so now I'm putting these kids through more hell so I can get my way. That way you won't have to worry about the financial aspect of her fuckery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barnwell84
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I would be documenting everything she tells you.  Use a recorder when you talk to her on the phone.

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM
It is documented. It was written in an email.

Quoting barnwell84:

I would be documenting everything she tells you.  Use a recorder when you talk to her on the phone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anonymous69890
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM

there is no way in hell he will get custody. he sounds like a loser no offense, and she sounds like a freaking bitch. It looks like idiocy has been passed on from mom to son!

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I dont want the stress anymore. If it was just him he probably would have dropped this or forgot to file something on time.

Quoting AngryBob:

Have it so that every time she files, she has to pay your court fees. Judges don't like it when people come up and say, your judgement wasn't good enough, so now I'm putting these kids through more hell so I can get my way. That way you won't have to worry about the financial aspect of her fuckery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM
No offense taken. I know what he is.

Quoting anonymous69890:

there is no way in hell he will get custody. he sounds like a loser no offense, and she sounds like a freaking bitch. It looks like idiocy has been passed on from mom to son!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Do you have a lawyer? You need one. Based on the current arrangement with your ex, MIL could qualify for grandparent rights - they would be separate from visitation awarded to ex and when the two are added together, it could be substantial. There are many ways they could spin this to make it happen. I do not know if your state has GP rights - hopefully your lawyer has looked into it.

Child support is completely separate. They will not consider lack of payment when deciding custody issues. Hopefully, you have already filed separately for support.

Stay calm in court...it never looks good when a patent loses their cool.
Kenre
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Yes I have a lawyer. She doesnt seemed worried. I did file child support when he left. He is 6000 in arrears. He (his moms handwritting) is taking me to court for that in September. I look calm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have a lawyer? You need one. Based on the current arrangement with your ex, MIL could qualify for grandparent rights - they would be separate from visitation awarded to ex and when the two are added together, it could be substantial. There are many ways they could spin this to make it happen. I do not know if your state has GP rights - hopefully your lawyer has looked into it.

Child support is completely separate. They will not consider lack of payment when deciding custody issues. Hopefully, you have already filed separately for support.

Stay calm in court...it never looks good when a patent loses their cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAnnaBanana
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I am rooting for you. It sounds as though his mother is using the court system as a means to harass you. If it continues, the judge is going to see that. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Sounds like she wants to hassle you. Good luck on Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)