Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's!! Does your Dh/So/Etc ever throw his job in your face?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your Dh/So/Etc throw his job in your face?

Options:

Hell no.

Yeah, he does.

Sometimes.

Other - please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

Okay, so my Dh works his ass off to provide for our 2 kids and I. I appreciate anything and everything he has EVER done for us!! Today, it is soooo hot outside, and he works in construction. I feel so bad that he is out there in the heat, and we're inside with the AC on. Well, he just called me & when I said this to him he said that he does and will do anything to keep a roof over our heads and to keep us happy, and if that means that he has to be out in the heat, than so be it. Awww, I just love him so much!

Does your Dh act the same way? Or is he constantly throwing it in your face that he works and you do not?
(Even though you do, we've all had this arguement before, SAHMs work too!)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
He did once. He never did again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBabies86
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
My ex use to try to throw it in my face...we shut that shit up real quick though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
No, mine doesn't. We were both raised with fathers who worked their asses off to provide for their families and moms who stayed home to care for the children and household. He feels it is his responsibility to take care of me and his son financially and to provide medical and dental insurance.

Your DH is awesome! A real man!!!! :-)
Nunyabusiness
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Hes deployed and that was his mantra. His job is for his family and he knew he had a family to come home, too. He's never said something so rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Never. He has said hes jealous and would love to trade tho!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

he has a few times. its always been on days when he has had really bad days at work and was frustrated with his job. or on days when I was lazy and didn't get as much stuff done around the house as I should have. but I know he doesn't mean it. he loves that I don't work and that I stay at home.

TugBoatMama
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

No he hasn't ever done that, and his job is a very hard one. He doesn't get to come home for weeks at a time, and rarely even gets holidays off. He misses out on a lot of our family time, but when he is here the last thing he ever wants to do is be grumpy or argue. My hubs wants me to be a sahm until the youngest is in school full time. It would be silly of him to treat me that way when it was mostly his idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Yes he used to. I got sick of it and got a job. now it'll be that his job is physical and mine isn't. Smh. This man is never satisfied :-/
boo1985
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhomfeld
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

mine does all the time . . . he thinks I don't do anything, and he does everything . . . must be nice to think of himself that big huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)