Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to know if anyone would feel the way that I do...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My ex husband got out of prison about a month and a half ago, he has called but has not asked about our kids, and hasn't even asked to see them. All that is fine with me, I have sole custody with visitation up to me so I am not worried about all that. But one thing I found out today upset me some when it shouldn't have, I was told (by my dad of all people) that my ex posted on FB (yes my dad was checking his page, they aren't friends) but he posted something along the lines of how much he loves his new girlfriend and thinks the world of her daughter. But what about our kids that he never asks about, it upset me to see that and to know that he really doesn't care about my kids. I can't fathom how someone could just not care about their own kids but "think the world" of someone else's. Am I wrong to feel hurt by this?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I could see how you'd be hurt but I sounds like you are better off with out him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We are for sure better off without him, but looking at my kids I cry wondering how someone could not care for them. I don't ever want to lie to my kids, but I want them to think that he somehow cares for them. DD already knows that he did something bad and had to go away for awhile, I haven't even mentioned to her about him being home because its been 2 years and she doesn't even remember him (she is 4 and DS is 2). it really just breaks my heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I would tell your dad to stop cyber stalking your ex and you sound like you are better off without the loser!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I did and he said that he was just seeing if he had a job yet, all I could say was ya, like he is going to put that on FB. I really could careless about what he is doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would tell your dad to stop cyber stalking your ex and you sound like you are better off without the loser!

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Um, he's a loser. Why was he in prison?

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Unfortunately he will one day realize the mistakes he has made with his own kids. He will probably try to have a relationship with them and they will want nothing to do with him at that point. I understand you being upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

He stole over $4,000 and broke into a few places with some teenagers. Oh and him doing that is all my fault because I told him he needed to do something to take care of his family or I was leaving.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Um, he's a loser. Why was he in prison?

Thibmom
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM

This...

Quoting Anonymous:

-_-
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM
No, it's natural to be hurt by that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN