Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Upset about friends baby boy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have to tell someone. I'm upset about my friend circumcising. I just don't understand how anyone can put their tiny newborn son thru the procedure. I know the medical community says there are potential medical benefits but I'm sorry I don't like to think of little babies going through that. :( its so awful to think of them so scared. He may be without his mother potentially Strapped down naked. Then what the doctor does to them. Ugh. I don't even want to get into that. Her reason was so he will look like his dad. How many men know what their dads penis looks like? I know this post will get bashed but I feel like I have to write it somewhere. I'm not going to be confrontational with her about it at all I had sent her an informational packet about leaving her son intact after she found out he was a boy - Before i knew if she was circing That's the most I ever got involved. For those who say - why do you care about someone's penis? It's not about foreskin. It's not about a penis. It's about pain. Pain to a baby who just came into the world. And thinking of any baby having to feel that just breaks my heart. It's not necessary. Then they can't tell you how they feel. They can't get strong pain medicine. Ugh. Awful. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
vgmomof2grtkds
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Not your penis, not your problem!
softatheart
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I do not circ either but it is thier decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I understand how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
You're not being a very good friend by judging her so harshly. I can't imagine even getting upset over what my friend decides is best for her baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM
8 moms liked this

I agree with you.

The reasons I hear PRO circumsision are so incredibly uneducated or just plain stupid. Oh I don't have a penis so I let his dad decide. Ummm yeah okay. It STILL isn't his father's penis. It is the baby's penis. HE should decide if he is going to get his skin sliced off of his body.

My babies are perfect when they come out.  I am sorry you who circumcise don't think yours are. It is sad that you have to put them through a COSMETIC procedure so they can look better. OMG Mothers are suppose to love their children, not alter their bodies for some sense of "looking good."

Beccahairlady
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You provided the information to your friend. Some people really feel it is for the best. I would feel the same way ,but beyond providing the info, there is nothing you can do.

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Meh...I could agree to an extent. I believe it is a human rights issue. Unfortunately, it is a legal option and, therefore, none of my business what others do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Oh lawd.

Ireallydontcare
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this

No it isn't her penis. It also isn't her friend's penis nor is it her friend's husband's penis. It is her friend's baby's penis. Why doesn't HE get to say? It is HIS penis.

Quoting vgmomof2grtkds:

Not your penis, not your problem!

staceymcmicheal
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
5 moms liked this
It is her choice and not to mention, the baby isnt going to remember but if she waits and he chooses to have it done, he will be in so much pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)