Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any tattooed mommas here? Got a coupla questions for ya..

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi everyone! My name is danai, I'm 23 and about to get my first tattoo. I've searched for ideas online and I found this one which I really like

sexywomentattoocenter.blogspot.com/2010/11/feminine-tattoo.html?m=1

I'm mobile and can't make it clicky- sorry..

I have 2 questions.

1- Is this 'too much' for a 1st tattoo? I mean it involves a lot of ink and that. Would it be too painful since I've never gotten one before?

2- What do you ladies think of the tatoo?

Thanks in advance for answering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Its not too much, but its an overdone tattoo. Personally I would get something that meant more to me not something I found online. Its a lot of sold black as well so it will probably require more than one session of touch ups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I think its awesome. It might be a bit too much ink in the first session since it's your first tattoo because of the filling in, it does hurt but its not godforsaken pain or anything, it just hurts (more for me) than the outline, but if you have a good pain tolerance or know when to quit you'll be fine. 

mai_sindi
by Danai on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I've bn trying for months to come up with something but I always draw a blank! I was becomong quite frustrated with myself.

Quoting kattu:

I don't think you should be searching online for something you think is "cute". You should come up with something you like on your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mai_sindi
by Danai on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I want it the same spot. I have a scar I want to cover so, the darker the better.. I might choose a different colour though.. Will see what suggestions the guy may have..

Quoting April620:

Where are you thinking of getting the tattoo? If its really big itll be done in pieces, probably about 1-2 hrs of work each time... Black goes down first and is the most painful, colors you'll eventually have to get retouched
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mai_sindi
by Danai on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Yeah, the same spot..

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Are you getting it in the same spot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I got a tattoo in the same spot it kind of hurt but i was talking to the dude who was doing my tattoo so it took my mind off of it. does that tattoo have any meaning to you? 

avulgamo
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
What are some things you love? Things about you that will never change? Things you have been through?

My first was my zodiac. Very common, but something that will never change (until they came out with the "new" zodiac a couple years back that changed everything but nobody looks at).

But, nothing wrong with getting something you think is beautiful ;-)

Quoting mai_sindi:

I've bn trying for minths to come up with something but I always draw a blank! I was becomong quite frustrated with myself.

Quoting kattu:

I don't think you should be searching online for something you think is "cute". You should come up with something you like on your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesistar6910
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

That much black can leave some faded spots and will probably require touch ups. So in reality it would be at least two sessions, depending where it is and how well you care for it. 

I don't personally care for black/grey tats, all of mine have color. And eventually, depending on the base of the black, it will fade to a greenish or blueish hue. 

All tattoos are "painful." Depends on where it goes. Ankles, where the skin is stretched over bone, can hurt quite a bit. While on a breast or calf, not so much because of fat deposits and the like. It just depends on the person really. I don't know how you will take it. Good luck, I hope you are happy with the end result.

jesistar6910
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Scar tissue doesn't take ink very well at all. You might try a different location. 

Quoting mai_sindi:

I want it the same spot. I have a scar I want to cover so, the darker the better.. I might choose a different colour though.. Will see what suggestions the guy may have..

Quoting April620:

Where are you thinking of getting the tattoo? If its really big itll be done in pieces, probably about 1-2 hrs of work each time... Black goes down first and is the most painful, colors you'll eventually have to get retouched

avulgamo
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Also, read a magazine or play a game on your phone! Helps take your mind off it, works for me!

Quoting AF2011:

I got a tattoo in the same spot it kind of hurt but i was talking to the dude who was doing my tattoo so it took my mind off of it. does that tattoo have any meaning to you? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN