Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to the pool today and saw two really preg women chain smoking together

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And it broke my heart. As she saw my baby she held her belly. One looked like late 30s Or 40 and the other 17- 18 I know it's their choice but my mother smoked with me and I was low birthweight and had heart problems because of it. It's just so sad :( I hate whoever invented cigarettes. It took all my class not to say something..

All I said to her was congratulations, and all of you smokers, I am not calling you bad moms, just saying that it is hard to see and I'm sure hard to go through**
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Replies (51-56):
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Terrible choice.  But her body, her choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I don't know why any of you women get so worked up over other people. Worry about what you're doing in your life and with your kids. I don't agree with smoking while pregnant or not pregnant I think smoking is gross and Idk why anyone would want to do it but I'm certainly not gonna come on a forum all worked up just because I saw someone doing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
I left rehab for heroin addiction 1 year before i got pregnant and i smoked about 2 packs a day. when i found out i was pregnant (a week before a prego test even read that i was positive) i started weaning down i got to 5 ciggs a day by the time i had my first check up. my doc told me that my body was still going through changes from quitting my first addiction, and to not stop smoking. withdrawl could have caused a miscarage. every part of a cig i smoked, i also threw up. my body hated it. my daughter thank god isnt small and has perfect health as of now. but it can be true in some situations. ps im 4 years clean from heroin :) i love my angel babe.
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Ive heard that doctors say to gradually quit because they cant use patches. But never not to quit.

I couldn't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, it made me sick. I saw a video of what a fetus goes through when mom smokes. I think all smoking pregnant women should see it

Quoting my123sons:

My sil smoked through all 3 pregnancies. She insisted the dr told her it was safer to smoke than to suddenly quit while pregnant. I told thanks for letting me know which dr not to use.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I smoked with my twins (I'm not proud and have since quit) and they were born at 39 weeks and weighed 6p 3oz and 6p 9oz. They say maternal smoking also is linked to sids...I did not smoke when or after I was pregnant with my son who died  of sids. *shrug* I dunno.

Quoting sprittytinkles:

My mom smoked with me... I was 2 weeks overdue & 9lbs. Lol.

I quit smoking with my 1st...then started up again 6 months later :(
Got preg with 2nd..and quit...and just passed a year in march of being smoke free :)

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I've heard that as well. Gradually cutting down then stopping would be best.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know a girl who said her Dr said the same thing he told her to gradually cut down cuz quitting cold turkey could cause too much stress and shock on the baby.

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Waits for the responses from women who claim their doctor's told them to keep on smoking while pregnant and not cut down"

My sister said that's what she was told. It really bothered me to see her smoking while pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured