Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's get this whole gay marriage thing straight

Posted by   + Show Post
Marriage is not a religious right. Period. That argument ended when the government got involved and made it necessary to be married for insurance benefits, medical decisions and taxes. So stop trying to use that argument.

Straight couples: you are no better than gays. Your relationship is no more and no less important. We are all humans. So get over it.

It doesn't affect your life. Ever. Your hatred and intolerance does affect them though. You are denying other HUMAN BEINGS their rights. You are creating animosity and negativity when you spew your narrow minded views. Whether religious or just "eww gross". You don't have to agree with them. But don't deny them of their right to equality. Don't create any bigger of a divide between people of this country.

You aren't living their life, so you have no right to deny them the ability to live life as an equal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You're really comparing being gay to murder and rape?

Please have a brain of your own. For the sake of mankind.

Quoting Anonymous:

My life has never been affected my adultery either and I don't support that. I have never been affected by murder or rape and yet I consider those to be sins, to be wrong. Should I support those things, since they haven't affected me in any way just because someone thinks those are ok? Sin is sin. Homosexuality isn't a greater or lesser sin. I don't support it simply because it is sin. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quoting ColieO:

You are not the one committing the "sin". So why exactly are you against it? Does it physically hurt you to give other normal people a chance to live the same way you do?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I think that the government shouldn't be involved, at all. No, gay marraige doesn't affect me or my marraige at all. Never said it did. However, I do believe that homosexuality is a sin (as it says in the Bible) so therefore homosexual marraige would also be a sin. Which is why I am against it. Otherwise I wouldn't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes ma'am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsbaby78
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

yep, what you said.

HeathersForever
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM
You should keep your opinion to yourself because if you vote and you cast your vote because of religion you are not keeping religion out of govt in this issue. And if you picket you harrass these people. If you don't vote against it I honestly don't give a crap what you do as long as you don't vote against gay marriage or harrass gay couples. Come in CM and be a bitch, you are welcome here, I'm sure plenty of lesbians are here to tell you how ignorant you are but you are free to express it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Believe it or not, I do keep my nose out of their business. I have several gay friends, all of whom know my feelings on the subject. I don't tell them how to live but I do pray for them. And I do not have to keep my mouth shut - you certainly are not, why should I? So I have different beliefs therefore I am not allowed to have a voice? Not allowed the freedom to speak? Why do you have this right and I do not?

Quoting HeathersForever:

You don't have to support it, its about keeping your nose out of other people's fucking business. Duh. Realizing your religion is not definite. It is a FAITH. And it should not control others lives and rights. So just don't support, you don't have to be their friends but don't protest, and keep your fucking mouth shut, and realize your religion does not rule the world.

Quoting Anonymous:

Adultery and murder don't affect me either (as a general rule - or at least so far in my life) and I don't support those sins. Why should I support this particular sin? Am I supposed to support homosexuality just because YOU think that I should, regardless of my beliefs? Just because it doesn't affect me personally does not change the fact that it is a sin. It's that simple.

Quoting HeathersForever:

How exactly does someone else's sin effect you? I am sure my DH proclaiming loudly God does not exist is a sin but should he be arrested for it? No because we have seperation of church and state, he can do whatever he wants. So if you admit its a religious belief that makes you want to take away another human beings rights your OWN beliefs why do you want to stop it? Why not let them sin, and sin, and sin and you live YOUR life?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I think that the government shouldn't be involved, at all. No, gay marraige doesn't affect me or my marraige at all. Never said it did. However, I do believe that homosexuality is a sin (as it says in the Bible) so therefore homosexual marraige would also be a sin. Which is why I am against it. Otherwise I wouldn't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You can believe whatever you want. Still makes you a bigot.

Quoting Ruthie_66:

i respect ur opinion but it doesnt alter mine

im against gay marriage 

*standing strong for the traditional one man, one woman marriage*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersForever
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Ya know what is gonna be cute is when gay marriage is legalized in all 50 states which it will be someday, sooner than you think and you can have your opinion and it won't mean squat.

Quoting Ruthie_66:

i respect ur opinion but it doesnt alter mine

im against gay marriage 

*standing strong for the traditional one man, one woman marriage*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

bump

ittybit2012
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

And then all that mess backs up and that's where shitty ideas come from.  True story.

Quoting Momniscient:

Yo!

Not to mention that hatred and fear and intolerance cause constipation.

ltmana
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you not sin?
"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
witch_e_woman
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN