Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bat in the house!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
Have you ever had one? What did you do? If you did, was there a nest you didn't know about? Your experience is helpful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

This happened to my best friend last week. They used a fishing net to trap it and then killed it.

beerabitch69
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I would have died.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I remember on got into my moms work. They used a broom to shooo it out the door. Cause it kept landing in the rafters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM
We had 1 last night, we waited until it stopped moving trapped it with a plastic container and put it back outside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
My best friend woke up to a bat swooping her head once. She took her daughter and went to her mom's house leaving her naked husband to fend for himself armed with only a pillow and a slipper. He smacked it to the ground with the pillow and then beat it to death with the slipper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

i screamed till the neighbors came up to see why they chased the bat out the door, but the boyfriend walked away with my engagement ring that night

imafuswb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Troll in the dungeon!!!! <<< sorry, couldn't help myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NHGal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Tennis rackets work best. My parents get them in their house occasionally and after 25+ years, tennis rackets seem to work best
cjs702006
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I had a total of 13 bats in my house at one point. They were squeezing under the attic door and flying all over my 2 story house and in the basement. My dh was downstairs getting a shower once, came upstairs and a bat was flying around. He whipped off the towel wrapped around him, swatted at the bat with it, caught the bat in the towel and went NAKED outside on our front porch and threw the bat outside! We lived on a busy street and I'm glad it was dark or people passing by would have seen my husband bare-assed naked!

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I have had a bat in my house twice now. They came in through the chimney. I just caught them and released them back outside. I got the chimney repaired. No more bats for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)