Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I honestly believe that this is out of line and that forumla companies shouldn't be printing this on their boxes.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 90 Replies
2 moms liked this

I bought formula about a month ago.

Not that I need to explain myself but I will anyway.

I was having problems breastfeeding my son, who's a month and a week old.

I started EBF when he turned 2 weeks.

So anyways, I bought formula as a back up in case I couldn't BF.

Well, last week, I read on the box that it said: "breastfeeding is the best."

Even though that I now EBF, I still find that offensive.

Here's why:

there are mothers out there who try like hell to bf but can't because of medical reasons or maybe because they aren't producing enough.

whatever the case may be, i feel that is a really shitty thing to put on a box of forumla.

i feel that it would make a mother feel shitty about having to use the formula.

it's bad enough that they feel like a failure because their body failed at being about to bf but now they have to put up with society having to remind her all of the time how SHE is a shitty mom because SHE failed at being able to breastfeed.

i honestly think that it's out of line and that the Enfamil company has no right printing that on their boxes.

even if nothing was wrong with her and she just decided that she didn't want to bf, who the hell cares!! that's her decision, why cause her to feel guilty about that shit??

i can understand how it would be ok to encourage her to bf but if she doesn't want to or can't then just respect it. but don't rub it in her face.

the thing that i don't understand is: why would a formula company try to encourage mothers to breastfeed? they would be losing money that way.

it's like the cigarette company printing on each pack of cigarettes that smoking is bad and you shouldn't do it.

why would they try to encourage that? they are the ones that would be losing out on money. I was going to take a picture of it to post on here but i gave the box away to my neighbor because her co-worker formula feeds her week old daughter, so i gave it away.

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
8 moms liked this
The FDA makes formula companies put that on their formula
Mortiferouslatt
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I don't find it offensive and didn't years ago when my son started ff at 6months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceysgorbach
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
7 moms liked this
My oldest son is going on 14 years and when he was on the bottle,the cans said that. The more I'm on cm,the more I realize there are some that get easily hurt over the smallest things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
There are far greater issues with formula companies than them printing a fact on their packaging...

(FTR- I'm a failed BFer)
AdellesMom
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't see how that's offensive. People will get offended over anything though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Well. It is.

Don't feel bad. Facts are facts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
They are required to put that there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever, it's the truth. Don't take it personally, there's nothing wrong with formula feeding.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
It's mandatory they put it on there.
And cigarette companies do have a warning on packages.
It's the damn truth, there should be nothing offensive about it. And I am a formula feeding mom. I didn't even attempt to bf with 3 out of 4 children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see anything wrong about stating factual information.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)