Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think the airline had a right to kick this man off the flight?

Posted by   + Show Post

Guy With Baggy Pants Deserved to Get Booted From His Flight

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on August 3, 2012 

pants lowWho knew a fashion statement could get you booted from a flight? Spirit Airlines kicked off a passenger at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport who was wearing baggy pants.

The guy was sporting his trousers "excessively low" and when he was asked to pull them up, he got "verbally abusive," threatening flight attendants and was forced to deplane when police arrived. 

Extreme? Maybe. I am sure the man's bad attitude didn't help him out at all. But I for one applaud Spirit Airlines for even asking him to pull up his pants. I don't know about you, but it drives me crazy when I see guys wearing their pants so low, you can see their underwear.

I just don't get it. It's not stylish. It's not cute. It's ridiculous and offensive. I know I'm not alone. Remember the surprise hit "Pants on the Ground" from American Idol contestant General Larry Platt. It made him more memorable than half the winners that have come out of that show. That's because his anthem asking men to pull their damn pants  up was something millions could relate too.

This isn't the first incident of an airline trying to impose a dress code of some sort. Last summer, a young man was removed from a  U.S. Airways flight for wearing his pants so low, you could see all of his undies.

Theses airlines are absolutely in their. Buying a ticket doesn't mean you can dress and behave any way you want. Why not just pull up your pants? Is it that difficult to dress like a grown-up? Just like eateries that have those "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" signs, airlines should be able to impose rules too. In fact, I wish more businesses would ban this awful fad. Here's the perfect slogan: "If we can see your underwear -- please keep walking."

Do you think the airline had a right to kick this man off the flight?

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

The airline did not kick the guy off the plane for having baggy pants. They kicked the guy off the plane for throwing a fit, being verbally abusive, and threatning flight attendents. Pull your damn pants up and take a seat. Not that big of a deal.

It is a bad idea to start an argument with airline personal.

kathylue
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

He should have pulled his pants up! Thats what he gets!  If they tell me take off my hat, I will take it off. Those saggy pants are offensive.

That style originated in prison. It is away of informing other inmates that the wearer is available for anal sex.

henzel3
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Yes I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM

no....it's technically freedom of expression

drgnflymum
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Yes, for his behavior but not because of his pants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN