Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 920 Replies
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM
14 moms liked this
Nope. It's a need here. I'm in LA, CA. My DH works over an hour away. Grocery stores, schools, whatever are not right around the corner. I need my car to be able to do all that I have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by Mindi on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  A vehicle always makes life easier but you dont need it.  We used to live 7 miles out of town, my husband had to walk in every day to go to work and walk back before we had a vehicle.

Piskie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM
24 moms liked this
Some places, its a need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM
I agree you got two legs and most places have buses. Tell my df that lol he has a 2011 ford focus which he pays 400 a month for we got kicked out of our apt bc we couldnt pay rent but he refuses to sale his car says its the only thing he has left thats nice and he worked hard for
imafuswb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM
8 moms liked this

Well, my husband's job is 15+ miles away from our house, and there is no direct bus route.  So, yeah, a personal vehicle kind of IS a need for us.  We don't NEED two (though it makes life about 1000x easier), and we don't NEED new cars (we only ever buy used.)  But no car at all?  Not gonna fly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM
6 moms liked this

Fwd: New Message

This!
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:40 AM
my car broke a week after I paid it off, needs a full new engine. I've been carless since December. Sure I want my own personal vehicle and sure I need to go places sometimes but we have another working vehicle so its not entirely necessary for me to have my own.

My husband however does need a car he works all over the state and his company no longer offers a company vehicle so he has no choice but to drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:40 AM
6 moms liked this
Lol we live out in the woods in NH. Its a need- especially in the winter. A good vehicle for the snow is a *want* and we have them :) subaru all the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterflyGenie
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Haha a need. I live 20 minutes from Walmart with no buses. Suburbs you know. My dh works away often. What would I do? Walk 30 miles with three kids. I doubt it. Then the hospital and doctors offices are further. I'm not talking country roads either. I'm talking south Louisiana elevated interstates over the swamp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM
I would normally agree but I have talked to a few women where a stable way of life would honestly not be possible without a vehicle.

Now if you said a brand new vehicle, ya know, fresh off the lot with a $300+ payment attached, that is definatly not a necessity. Just because you need a vehicle doesn't mean you can justify a new Cadillac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured