Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
xomrs.chase
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow I thought our subaru forester was high! We pay $355/ month (2012)

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree you got two legs and most places have buses. Tell my df that lol he has a 2011 ford focus which he pays 400 a month for we got kicked out of our apt bc we couldnt pay rent but he refuses to sale his car says its the only thing he has left thats nice and he worked hard for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
It is a need. I am disabled there is no way in Hell I could walk to the nearest bus stop. Also couldn't carry groceries home.
diamondsetter
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
I live 30 minutes drive from the nearest town. If my child gets sick or injured at school, do you suggest I just let them there? No thanks, I'll drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:45 AM
I know!! He got it last year brand new its a pain in our bills i told him its all him i didnt chose the car.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree you got two legs and most places have buses. Tell my df that lol he has a 2011 ford focus which he pays 400 a month for we got kicked out of our apt bc we couldnt pay rent but he refuses to sale his car says its the only thing he has left thats nice and he worked hard for

thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM
i need one where i live and i am disable walking is not easy but we only have one car we need another one but we can't afford it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:47 AM

No it is a need. I need to be able to take my kids to Dr appointments, IEP meetings at the school. Hubby needs to go to work to. I am currently borrowing a vehicle. And it sucks. The person has to have it through the week and they also work weekends. So i have to wait to shop for groceries etc. Plus where i live there is no store within walking distance. Everything you have to go into town. There are no buses , cabs here. And the 1 company that does exist for public transportation will not come out here at all. With 3 kids if a emergency comes up , i am susposed to always call a ambulance or walk to the hospital. I do not think so. Plus my husband work more then 15 miles from home.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, I'm not walking for an hour and a half on the highway to make it to the nearest bus stop with two kids. Not happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:51 AM
My 2007 subaru impreza is only $239/mo. Tell him to trade it for something cheaper that's still nice.

If he's an engine/ speed guy: my impreza has a 2.5l engine- blows the focus away haha

Quoting Anonymous:

I know!! He got it last year brand new its a pain in our bills i told him its all him i didnt chose the car.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Its a need for me I'm a working mom. I start at 6am, 2 kids that go to two different sides of town while I work. Buses don't run here until after 7am so ya its a need not a want.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
We have no public transportation here. It's a need. If we had buses and trains it'd be a lot different. I never had or needed a car in germany.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)