Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:54 AM
I guess its not a need if you live in a place that has public transportation. I don't, so for me its a need. Also, my DH works all over the state so its a need for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:58 AM
My husband works an you away with no busses to work. He needs a car and his work sechdual and the price of gas I need a car to get my kids to school and the drs. While we have a bus system it sucks ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM
The public transportation here is a joke, I would have to walk miles to get to a bus that would go where I need to go. Not to mention I live in a fairly small community on a mountain. I NEED to drive to the city on occasion. And I am disabled so those few miles to the bus stop would prevent me from leaving my house, ever. I suppose I could have my groceries delivered.
rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Where I live now, it's impossible to live your daily life without a car. My DH commutes to work 40 miles one way with no bus route. Hawaii, however, has a fantabulous bus system. Takes a bit longer to get around, but it's great.

hazelEyes87
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
we live in bumfuck egypt..(small town of hazlehurst,ga)my DH works in the prison system 45 miles from here..so yeah its a need.these posts about want vs need are beginning to get stupid and annoying.get a life already and worry about your wants and needs!i know what is a need or want in our home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:06 AM
When I lived in Palmer Alaska, it was a need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM
It's a need here. My dh works over 20 miles away and being in small town Usa, there are no buses or cabs. Closest Walmart is over 10 miles, kids school is about 10 also, walking that in this damn heat....no thank you! We only have one car and taking him to work when I need it....bleck! Can't wait for that pos sitting in my garage to be running!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Where I live having a vehicle is a need. Now for our household, having our 2nd vehicle is a "want" - we could survive without it.
lilbit53009
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM
no its a need and a must for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Here where I live its a need. We live in a county of all really small towns. My SO works 30+ miles away. The nearest grocery store is about 15 miles away. My daughters doctor and my doctors are 30+ miles away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN