Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Mine is a need. We have no public transportation or side walks.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:24 AM
We live in Alaska. A vehicle is a need.

Although, technically, yes .. it's a want, but I think with the way things are now, it is a need in some places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I disagree. We live out in the "boondocks". We are at least 20 minutes from town. There is no public transportation as far out as we are. My husband works full time and also goes to school full time, so he's often not here. I have to get groceries by myself with the kids, go to Dr. appt's...it's definitely a need for us.

liltigersmom
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:27 AM
I live in the suburbs, work in the city, no buses, my car is needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:31 AM

How did you get groceries? Bring your children to Dr. appointments? Run errands? Handle kids things?

Quoting college.mom:

I agree.  A vehicle always makes life easier but you dont need it.  We used to live 7 miles out of town, my husband had to walk in every day to go to work and walk back before we had a vehicle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Its both at the same time bcoz u want ur own personal car to b satisfied nd need it for you to drive around doing bussines etc..
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:31 AM
I couldn't get to work without one! I have an hour commute one way and no buses or public transit in our county! My so works even farther away (but he only has to go to work every third day)! We even got a motorcycle, b/c it saves so much money in gas for him to drive to work! Both our vehicles are paid off though, so luckily they only cost us gas, upkeep, and taxes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM
I need my vehicle. Public transportation out here is scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cambriagurlmom
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:42 AM

My personal vehicle has become a need since it gets the best gas. My DH owns a motorcycle that is also a need. He owns a computer repair business and the gas was killing us in his chevy blazer that gets 12mpg, his motorcycle gets 45mpg if not better. He straps up his backpack with supplies and is set.  We won't get rid of the blazer because it is the only vehicle we have that can carry our family of 7 when my little toyota can only carry 5. We also live in rural country where it is a need to be able to get out and do shopping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM

DH has a truck...I have a convertible and then we have a family van....While the truck and the van are needs because DH needs to work and I need to take kids back and fourth to school, doctors, dentist ect ect...My car is a want because I don't need it, but I want it so I don't have to drive the van all the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN