Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I think its a need for us. Dh works an hour and 10 mins away and I can't walk dd to school with the 2 little ones for 10 miles in 100+ degree weather and we don't live in a big city (we're in TN) no buses or taxi's here. Also, our grocery store, dr. appointments, bank etc...is like 10-15 miles away from our house.

sd68145
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Definitely a need!! I am not walking 13 miles to school one way!! I live in the middle of nowhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM
I had a 465 payment for 2 years. We put a large down payment and financed the rest. It took all of our extra money, but it's nice to have a newer car paid off.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Wow I thought our subaru forester was high! We pay $355/ month (2012)

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree you got two legs and most places have buses. Tell my df that lol he has a 2011 ford focus which he pays 400 a month for we got kicked out of our apt bc we couldnt pay rent but he refuses to sale his car says its the only thing he has left thats nice and he worked hard for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM
It's a need here. I live a 30 minute drive from everything so walking is out, no public transportation, and my husband works away from home every other week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Definitely a need here.  We have one car.  He works nights.  His job is about 14 miles away, not on a bus line, so, we need our car.  

mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM

It's a need, my husband works out of state most of the time. 

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM
For me definitely a want :D My mom thinks its a need since she is usually the one I call for doctors appts ect. For dh its a need. He works 30 miles from where we live. No way he could walk that in 110 degree weather. Just depends on the situation really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Having a car is a need, I know what it's like to not have one. Getting to work and getting groceries isn't easy but makes life a lot harder. Just wondering OP have you ever struggled like this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:57 AM
I live in a very very small town. No public transportation. I dont work with anyone who lives in my town to carpool with. It's about a 30 min drive for me to go to work. Not to mention taking dd to daycare. And I work on call and often have to get up in the middle of the night and go in. Not having a car would mean no job.
AmberRose1122
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:57 AM
For my husband's job, it's a need. He's in sales and makes sales calls all day. His territory is all of Indiana. We only have one vehicle though, and I'm a SAHM. We make it work, only because he has a flexible schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN