Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your own personal vehicle is a WANT, not a need!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I own my vehicle bc I satisfied my "want". What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Replies (911-920):
rowansmum
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM

For us its a want since I don't work.  A very expensive want at that lol

idareyou
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:24 AM

No. I NEED my vehicle. We can't move to another town, and there are no doctors, grocery stores, anything in the town I live in. The extra vehicle? Sure, that could be seen as a want, but no, having a vehicle at all is not just a want for my family.

dakotasmom12103
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM

We live in Jacksonville Florida...the most spread out city in the country.  I drive about 10+ miles to work and hubby drives even further.  No buses go to his work and I honestly have no idea about my work.  There is no way we could make it without 2 cars.  His truck is paid for but I still have a payment.

.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM
We need a car. SO works 45 minutes away and I have school every day. I couldn't imagine not having a car. Both of our cars are paid off too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I live in Houston, Texas, and I have a daughter. I work 30 miles from my house. I'd rather not be murdered waiting for the bus. And if that doesn't happen, you'll likely die of heat stroke during one of our record summers with heat indexes of 110 plus humidity. I'm not making my daughter walk around in that if I can help it. So for us it's a need. Just like cars in Houston are not sold without air conditioning. It long since stopped being a luxury option in this heat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I live in a small town in upstate ny. No public transportation and you have to go 35 minutes away to get to a store. There is no way a car is NOT a needs here. It is. I think a want is a second vehicle if only one person is working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

we are a 1 car family. that being said... it is a want for us :D we live in a major city. I walk anywhere within a 5mile radious (the the kids, id do more by myself) besides to my moms (atleast not with kids) because the sidewalks disappear the second you exit the city (im at the edge of the city and my mom is like the edge of the burbs)..my husband works and goes to school close and i work close too. we'd have to pick a different grocery store (because its out og the city and has no side walks but its do able.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
This is an old post now.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
In my case, a need. I walk to the store and to starbucks but everywhere else .. i drive.
ikesmommy200
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM
A need here. No public transportation. Nearest town is 7 miles dh works 23 miles away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured