Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your kids play with...

Guns? As in toy guns of course. Cap, water, nerf, etc??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes.   I learned a long time ago that a child can make a gun or a sword out of anything!   Lego's, cardboard paper towel rolls, crayons, .....my sons used to chew their toast in the shape of weapons!

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Yes.

My mom didn't let me have a super soaker as a kid and I can tell you I obviously still remember that.

I'd rather my kid be educated on safety with guns and toys vs real, instead of living in the dark.

mom2bell
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM

no, but he is allowed to be creative and build a gun if he really feels the need to play with one.

MissMysteriouss
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Yes.

My grown boys used to love nerf guns, cap guns, water guns ect.

My 3 and 7 yr old girls have no interest in any type of toy guns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Yes, but we teach our kids that toy guns shouldnt be pointed at people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyKrissy02
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yup. The girls love water guns

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
oh yes he has an entire arsenal of army type guns. as well as knives and grenades.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
in this situation it is undrstandable.

Quoting Cara5:

They have cooler ones than fish lol. They have a bunch of those super soaker pump guns, but not the ones with triggers. 

My partner has done 5 tours and seen a lot of combat, kids with guns, even toys, makes her uncomfortable and she said she would rather our kids not have toy guns so that was the end of that discussion, I didn't feel like I needed to make her justify it any more than that and I feel like her opinion trumps mine in this area. 

Quoting little.worthen:

This was my moms rules exactly. I ha to have water guns that looked like fish.

Quoting Cara5:

Water guns that dont look anything like a real gun are allowed, but we dont have any toy guns, and our kids are not supposed to play with them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

yep dh and I tried to avoid buying any but our boys turn everything into a gun anyways lol lego megablocks other toys that look like a gun. Our 8 yo is obsessed with any type of military or police toy, he is gonna be an FBI Officer when he grows up lol. So yes we now buy them water guns, nerf guns, cap guns whatever guns they want to play with. Dh has had "the talk" about real guns and what they should do if they ever find one (get mom and dad or another adult right away and NEVER touch it). Kids have been playing cowboys and indians and cops and robbers for ages. It's up to us as parents to monitor the behavior and make sure it doesn't go obnoxious. They are also NOT allowed to take their guns bye-bye or to the park.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)