Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

control your brat and there wouldnt be a problem!

Posted by   + Show Post
a gf and I took our kids to the arcade. They have those cars that used to be outside of supermarkets. Ds loves them, hes almost 13 months. So I put ds in it, put in 50c and hes loving it. Up comes this huge ass, big kid and tries to push him out the car! So i grab the kid and Im like hey, what arw you doing? Hes like i wanna ride. So i tell him to wait his turn. He goes off. I look around, didn't see anyone who looked like they were with him so i told him hed better go find his mom. The ride finishes and as im getting ds out the car, this big bitch comes up and ask me what the problem is? I explain, and shes like "if you have a problem with my kid, take it up with me".
First off all, this kid is like 10yrs and easily 100lbs. Why are you allowing him to play in the TODDLER area anyway. Second, you don't push my kid, and think im just going to stand there with a big stupid grin on my face. And lastly, why are you letting him run around unsupervised anyway?

Gosh, I wanted to put that little boy in time out so bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Replies (371-380):
cjs702006
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Awww you didn't let her little precious ride the baby cars? SMDH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Oh so what you're saying is when you're given the option to use your words and be an adult you walk away because the obvious alternatives is violence? Why couldnt you just talk to her? It seems wgen given the choice you automatically resort to placing your hands on someone rather than speak to them.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I walked away. I was holding ds and atila the ton was obviously looking for a fight. I don't fight in front of kids. Shoot, I try not to raise my voice in front of ds.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

I know there are a ton of replies....and, maybe I'll go back to read some, but my question is "what did you say to her after she told you 'take it up with me'"???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM
The obvious answer is to yank the kid away by his arm. Theres no alternative. I mean had she not her child wouldve been damn near killed! Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Not many people here are intelligent enough to behave like the adult.   You're exactly right. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting peaches_04:

Its really sad so many moms on here would not defend there own child and just let some kid beat on their child because heaven forbid we touch someone elses kid

There are ways to do it without putting your hands on someone else's child.

I guess not many people work with bratty kids :-/

Babydallasleigh
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I would stop defending the fact you touched the other kid , people are just trying to find something to argue about , I would've touched the other kid too , if it was to prevent him from possibly causing harm to my child .&& his mother should've understood .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I would have done the same thing. And anyone on here bashing is lying when they say they wouldnt touch the kid. You're a mother and your first instinct is to protect your child. It's not like you yanked the boy up and dislocated his arm. What would have happened if he pushed your kid out? Those toys are pretty high off the ground... Oh that's right. You could have used your words to catch him don't you know... Smh....
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Oh my God it's the grammar police and it is not stupid.The child had his hands on her child and was physically in between her and her child so there is no getting between them without some touching.It is a sad day when people are no longer supposed to protect their kids and just let some person do what ever they want.And it is not stupid that by law I have the legal right to protect my children from physical harm from someone else no matter who they are with reasonable force.She did not beat the kid up she just pulled the child's hands of her child seriously how hard is that for you to understand.It is a sad day when the bully is the protected one and not the one being bullied.So I say again she is stupid and so are you.

Quoting Anonymous:

*you're 

apparently, she's not the one who's stupid.  

in fact, there are several really special demonstrations of stupid in that little paragraph you typed. 

The child had it's hands on her child tell me how she can get between them without touching the other child when the child is touching her child.Oh and your stupid if you would arrest her for simply pulling a child off of her child.It's people like you who help the little bullies stay little bullies.That child out weighed her child and guess what I have ever legal right to protect my child from harm no matter who the culprit is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am the person who first pointed out that it was an unlawful act and I too am a police officer.  I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to place the OP under arrest.  She was unquestionably out of line. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not the person you quoted but I am a police officer in Detroit. The other poster is right. The Op would go to jail.

Quoting BamaMomto4:

Not if they are defending their child from being harmed by the 10 yr old.

Quoting Anonymous:

1) child in question is a minor 2) there was no intent to do any harm to the toddler 3) the severity of the act itself was not a show of force or malicious intent. At the most had the toddler been injured in some way all the op could have is a civil case against the child and mother .... the op on the other hand is an adult and any unwanted touching by the child or parent is a criminal offense.

Quoting BamaMomto4:

The momen tthe boy put hishands on the baby he committed assault and battery.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive been in this situation before and i removed MY child from harm. Assaulting her baby..lmao!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you'd let a gradeschooler push your 12 month old down? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have grabbed the kid unless he was assaulting her baby. Seems pretty logical to me....

Quoting Anonymous:

In other words..you were big and bad to a kid, but scared of someone your own size.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Oh hell no! His mom was like over 6ft and probably 250-300! Besides I was holding my ds.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Should have beat his ass since his parents never did.  Beat his parents ass too.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I explained what happened. She responded all nasty and bitchy. Yeah i could have stood there with my baby on my hip and popped off. But like I said, I don't argue or fight in front of my ds. Especially not while holding him. The whole situation could have been avoided by the "mother" actually watching her kid, teaching her kid manners, or teaching him not to put his hands on other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh so what you're saying is when you're given the option to use your words and be an adult you walk away because the obvious alternatives is violence? Why couldnt you just talk to her? It seems wgen given the choice you automatically resort to placing your hands on someone rather than speak to them.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I walked away. I was holding ds and atila the ton was obviously looking for a fight. I don't fight in front of kids. Shoot, I try not to raise my voice in front of ds.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

I know there are a ton of replies....and, maybe I'll go back to read some, but my question is "what did you say to her after she told you 'take it up with me'"???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM
I was with you all the way up until i saw the pic of the ride. You made it out to be that you had no alternative. That had you not grabbed him your child would've been greatly injured..but You did and placing your hands on a child could've been avoided. I understand the mama bear instinct but that mother did as well.
Alliemad_3
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
We have season passes to a water park here and I take my three kids a few times a week. I have to intervene with another child at least once a week.

Usually it's pretty simple...some bigger kid will try to push past my 2 year old on the little slide and I have to tell the other kid that they need to wait their turn. Or they'll stand behind my two year old and demand he "go!" or "move!!!!". I remind them that we have patience.

But one time, we were all in the lazy river and these kids...looked about 10...they were being obnoxiously rambunctious. One kid was constantly dunking another kid, and the one he was dunking was starting to get really upset about it. Seriously...before I even knew what was happening I poked this kid right between the shoulder blades and in my no nonsense mommy voice I told him he needed to cut it out.

No, I shouldn't have touched the kid with my one threatening finger. However, the kid was getting upset, the other kid was constantly pushing him under water and it was getting dangerous. So, I not only poked a kid that wasn't mine, I did it on behalf of a kid that wasn't mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM
The mother was angry because you placed your hands on her child. No one said to "pop off". You could've talked to her..explained that your son might have fallen. Apologize for grabbing her son but he should not be pushing children younger than he. However you only see fights in every scenario. If you as an adult dont understand how to diffuse a situation i feel sorry for you. Also the name calling of a ten yr old and an angry mother is trashy and only adds to the trashy persona you're presenting.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I explained what happened. She responded all nasty and bitchy. Yeah i could have stood there with my baby on my hip and popped off. But like I said, I don't argue or fight in front of my ds. Especially not while holding him. The whole situation could have been avoided by the "mother" actually watching her kid, teaching her kid manners, or teaching him not to put his hands on other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)