Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a woman & I just became a daddy today! No trolling, not kidding!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've posted a bit about our story over the past months. My SIL became pregnant last year by a younger man who was, just a fling. Before any bashing, my SIL is a professional, mid 30's woman, makes around $60.000 annually and does not make a habit of sleeping around. In fact this was her 3rd "relationship" in 14 years! The first she made her son, now 13. Who she has raised on her own since birth. Then a serious 4 year relationship that ended 5 years ago very badly, leaving her with a heavy house payment, on top of her car payment & then her son was ill and his father refuses to pay what insurance won't. Though he only has to pay half. So the hospital attached her wages to get the owed money though the order said he owed half. He just went to jail.
As for the babies father, he threated my SIL in public. Said if she didn't abort he would kill her and the baby. When the police investigator got into his e-mail or facebook messaging he had a letter sent to either a cousin or friend offering $2000 to kill my SIL. He was charged with terroristic threats, attempting a forced abortion by physical and emotional abuse, attempted murdermurdered. He got 2 years for the first, 3 for the second & 5 for the third.
Granted I am not blood related, I am her brothers wife. But I've known her and the family for 15 years. I was there when her oldest son was brought home. My kids are by my first husband. We divorced in 08, my current DH and I married in July of 10. We were surprised by a dd that he had and wss never told of 5 Weeks later. After problems with the BM. Her rights were basically forcefully given up so she didn't get prison time. & I adopted DD at 11 months.
My SIL was in a real bind when she was going through all that. She was told by every member of the family to give it up. But I saw how she felt, I knew she wanted it. She just needed a partner as most parents that work so hard do. So I told her. "I will be here for you. I will do all I can to be the other parent"!
The daddy thing didn't come up until my husband said"well when I brought a baby in the family I was expected to do most of the dirty diapers"? "Well that's a daddies job" I said. He smiled at me & said "well daddy have fun!!!! So it's stuck. The baby will know I'm his aunt but when he understands he can be told the story.
We basically have just arranged a long term babysitting/daycare plan. He has the nursery atour house. SIL will pay for most of his needs. I agreed to the baby shower gift of a years worth of formula. Or what he will need when she stops pumping. She's making all his food. Buyig clothes ,, diapers, bottles, all of his needs. I will provide a home, care, love, attention wile my SIL works. I love that he's finally here and healthy. He's sooo cute tooo!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats Daddy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

uh-huh

daughteroftruth
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Cute. My friend and dh took me to the birthing center when it was time. She had just thrown on a shirt of her husbands and headed to our hose to get us, when we get there the nurse looks at my friend and said, "are you the dad?"I and pointed at her shirt...she had accidentally thrown on her dh's shirt that said "world best daddy"... after that she would tell everyone that she was zeds real father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Quoting daughteroftruth:

Cute. My friend and dh took me to the birthing center when it was time. She had just thrown on a shirt of her husbands and headed to our hose to get us, when we get there the nurse looks at my friend and said, "are you the dad?"I and pointed at her shirt...she had accidentally thrown on her dh's shirt that said "world best daddy"... after that she would tell everyone that she was zeds real father.

That's adorable!•°0)
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I am glad that that child will have two loving parents. Congrats on your knew little bundle.

Any body can impregnate someone. That is not what makes a daddy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Quoting t1gger143:

I was my nieces daddy for the first 3 years of her life. Funny thing is she called me mommy and her mom daddy. Lol.

Thats cute! Our DD just learned to say daddy/ or rather is will willingly say it now. Before these last few Weeks she called her Dad mama and me mommy. So I really wonder what my nephew will think in 2 years when he has been going to his moms only on weekends. He will of course be told I'm his aunt but all kids naturally call thier caregiver whatever the other children do. I know I will really have to instill who we are in him from very early. He's even cuter now. He slept 4 hours last night. YAY!
babydollbea
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Congrats Daddy! ;)

sassy1984
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

wow good for you.. :)

Supernatural971
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purplelibra0006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Lol!! My DD use to do the same when she was a toddler. My old roommate use to be called " daddy Michelle". It's always stuck, so we (our mutual friends)call her daddy Michelle. Lol

Quoting Palindromeda:

So cute :) It's sweet that you're helping out like you are. My very best friend is still often referred to by DD as "Daddy Melissa".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)