Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you normally spend on vacation?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Where do you go??
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Wisconsin dells was a couple thousand, disney was about 4 thousand and india was about 10 thousand. It depends where we go.  We take 3 small vacations a year and 1 large one.  DH LOVES to travel and its what he likes to spend money on.  At his level at work there are men that live in mansions and drive mercedes.  We live in a modest home and DH drives a jeep.  It may seem crazy that we can spend 30 thousand and up a year on vacations but we give up other things to do that. 

mickstinator
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

depending on the length and location. 

the last family vacation we went on, my budget was $1200, but my husband's grandfather paid for everyone's food and lodging. That was mostly airfare. that was to a SC beach (we live in TX).

the last couple vacation we went on, my budget was $700 for the drive, lodging, food, and activities. it was only for 3 nights, though. that was to New Orleans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

$10 bucks. We camp in the back yard we have had the tent for years and we use to bbq pit to roast smores and hotdogs super cheap and soo much fun. Of course I rather camp in the woods but my son can't so home we stay.

bearscubed
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM
We spent roughly $500 going to Atlanta for a couple of days. The room would have made it about $800 but it was free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kranger
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I've never been on a real vacation. I take day trips to the beach but never have that kind of money to travel anywhere far. Hope to make a nice vacation happen in 2 years. Started saving already.

Aylasmommy1
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM
We just got back from the coast and spent around $900.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Hmm, maybe 10K+. We almost always leave our country for vacation. In September, we're going to Sweden and hopefully next year, we're going to New York City.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We just went to Gatlinburg TN and spent around 7,000 for a week
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Never been on one in my adult life.
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM
We're going to gaitlinburg for about 600
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)