Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So I have a job interview and I hope to be starting school again when the next term comes up in December.

The school schedule is mon threw thurs 715-530.

I don't absolutely need to work but it would be nice to have s few hundred extra. But if I work while doing school I will like literally never see my kids.

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Drochmheas
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Given your vocabulary and grammar, I strongly encourage you to go back to school.

Your kids will still be there when you finish, and you might just inspire them to continue their education.  If it was important enough to sacrifice your time, it just might be important enough for them as well.

rvb146
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
This is why I haven't decided if I want to go back to school or not. Can you shorten you class schedule at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM
No I can't. It's a private jr college and the program will be completed in 16 months. I will graduate with an A.S.

Quoting rvb146:

This is why I haven't decided if I want to go back to school or not. Can you shorten you class schedule at all?

mickstinator
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

if you don't need it, then why would you take it? that's my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't have to be a bitch seriously! My god! Grow up

Quoting Drochmheas:

Given your vocabulary and grammar, I strongly encourage you to go back to school.

Your kids will still be there when you finish, and you might just inspire them to continue their education.  If it was important enough to sacrifice your time, it just might be important enough for them as well.

prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

It certainly is a balancing act. Sine the program is only 16 months I would power through it knowing that at the end I will be a better provider for my children. You will also be teaching them the value of an education. Children whos parents are college graduates are more likely to be graduates themselves.

rvb146
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Maybe babysit for someone. You can still spend time with your children.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I can't. It's a private jr college and the program will be completed in 16 months. I will graduate with an A.S.

Quoting rvb146:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drochmheas
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I wasn't being a bitch - I was giving you the reason why I thought you should continue school.  You asked for opinions.  I supplied one.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have to be a bitch seriously! My god! Grow up

Quoting Drochmheas:

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Do both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM
That's been my thought too! Grrr but my dad has his masters and I just now decided to go to college at age 26. So not sure how much influence that has On a child.

Quoting prenatalRN:

It certainly is a balancing act. Sine the program is only 16 months I would power through it knowing that at the end I will be a better provider for my children. You will also be teaching them the value of an education. Children whos parents are college graduates are more likely to be graduates themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN