Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need makeup help. Badly. *pic on page 3*

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 128 Replies
I have never ever in almost 28 years worn makeup regularly.

In the last 6 mos my body has decided it fucking hates me and now I get pimples. Yay! Not.

Anyways. I need some tips for coverup. I'm pale. Freckly. I want to cover the red spots and preferably not cake my face with foundation too.

Do I have to wear foundation over coverup? Can I just apply the coverup? Powder? I'm not touching liquid foundation. D:

I don't want to wear makeup all over my face. I just want to cover the random spot here and there. I need something inexpensive, effective, won't make me break out more, and something I can find at any drugstore. I'm not ordering it online.

So. HELP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just use a mineral powder foundation... And just in the spots you need it. In pale and freckley and look stupid in liquid. So obvious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Any particular brand? What's the difference between mineral powder and anything else?

Is mineral powder that stuff with lots of colors on it? I'm really clueless.

Quoting bellaamore:

I'd just use a mineral powder foundation... And just in the spots you need it. In pale and freckley and look stupid in liquid. So obvious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM
It would be better/easier to treat the blemishes themselves rather than trying to cover them, which will only make them worse and create a cycle.

For temporary cover inand the meantime, E.l.f. makes a decent pressed powder that actually has salicylic acid in it, which is the medicine in pimple creams. It will help cover and treat at the same time without caking a bunch of makeup on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I've been treating them. This is my last resort :/

Quoting MamaJess9:

It would be better/easier to treat the blemishes themselves rather than trying to cover them, which will only make them worse and create a cycle.

For temporary cover inand the meantime, E.l.f. makes a decent pressed powder that actually has salicylic acid in it, which is the medicine in pimple creams. It will help cover and treat at the same time without caking a bunch of makeup on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I'd go to the makeup counter and try Bare Minerals, really good stuff. Goes on nicely, can be used as a foundation or  coverup plus it has some spf in it to boot.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ms.sophsmom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I cant figure out liquid, concealer and all tht so this is a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I use Almay Smart shade cover up and foundation. I'm lazy and it's easy.
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

BUMP!

epoh
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I know. I always have other people put makeup on me so I'm clueless too. I never thought I'd have to do it for every day use :/

Thanks.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

I cant figure out liquid, concealer and all tht so this is a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Make-up will make them worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)