Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the hell does your kid do all freaking day????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The kid I nanny for has an iPhone and I limit the time she is on it though if mom or dad calls or texts she's always allowed to pick up.

So since noon this kid has called her 6 times and texted her 12, hes 9 for crying out loud! Another kid has called three times and texted 5, she's 10.

What are your kids doing all day long that they have enough time to call or text that much?!?!?! We are personally too busy playing in the sprinkler or playing board games to bother with the damn phone.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Replies (21-27):
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
When triple digits hit we don't go out unless its necessary

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jamie1972:

My kds are either outside playng or inside playing on their dsi or watching tv. I take them to the park or swimming when its not too hot out.

Shouldn't you take them swimming when it IS too hot out? :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

We go to the beach, the park, the mall, movie theater, zoo, museums, aquariums, library....we are always running the streets, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Why is a 6 year old friends with 9 and 10 year olds?
addiecakesmommy
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Sounds like the girls in my neighborhood. They are ALWAYS on their phones and calling each other. We live in a small cul de sac type place and they will call and text each other when they are just 2 houses away. It's crazy but they still get playing time in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I find the whole "phone thing" to be equally as annoying with adults.  My husband and I went out with a couple a few weeks back and both of them were constantly checking their phones.  They even brought a charger with them so the man could plug in during dinner. 

What in the hell is that pressing that you have to constantly be clicking on the phone?  I shut mine off when I enter a restaurant unless we have to wait for a table and it's just my husband and myself. 

I'm sorry but Facebook is boring and a waste of time. 

jedwards2009
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM
I think I would answer it and say "sorry she can't talk right now. She will.be able to return your call at 9 tonight" or something. Crazy that children so young have cell phones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM

my dd is 9 years old and has a phone, but its the government phone. i got it for her cause she started to walk to school with her brother 6yo (school was 2 blocks away). now takes a bus ( i moved). she stll has the phone and it has me and families number on it in case of an emergency. but to be on the phone like the kids u nanny, is too much. their childhood is going to be " i texted and called all day" where is the fun in that. let alone no social life. nothing to talk about when they get older. just a waste of childhood life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)