Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gastritis and Esophagitis... Help ETA in green

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

My son, who is 6, was diagnosed with gastritis and esophagitis. He is taking prilosec in the morning and zantac at night. The dr wants me to change his diet. I am clueless on how to cook for him (and us) or what the do's and don'ts are. I know stay away from spicy stuff. We don't eat that anyway. I've looked online and here is where my problem lies. 

I am on FS.... Blah blah blah.... insert bash here....

I don't have a lot of money to get the really expensive dinner options.... 

Yes I have a job but it is part time working for a non-profit and i only get 9.50 an hour... 30 hours a week. After taxes I don't get much and it all goes to bills and clothes, now school supplies and all that stuff. I am cutting corners everywhere I can but it is hard...

So I am begging all the mothers with experience with these belly issues to help this mama out. He will eat just about anything minus veggies (I usually blend them up and put them in the food somehow... sneeky mama lol). He loves pasta and pizza and all the stuff he can't eat anymore :( 

Thanks so much for helping

Better???

His gastro is out of the office due to a death in the family. His Pedi is a wack job and I'm trying to get a new doc for my kids but haven't found one that I like yet. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

oh come on people bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Stupid title!!7
militarywife09
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Bump mama.

(hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Why not tell the truth of what your looking for instead of a stupid title.
momof2gingers
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

tried that and no one looked at it duh

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not tell the truth of what your looking for instead of a stupid title.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

yeah, I'd probably be more willing to help if the title wasn't so wacko...maybe try again with what you actually need to ask???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

have you tried asking your dr what you can feed him? if he does give you some ideas, how about looking for the recipes online, you dont have to be a great cook or super smart, just follow the directions/...

OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't help people with fake post titles. Or people who use the word "preggers".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Hmmm.... I have no idea. Maybe chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese on whole grain bread?
ETA: limit his acid intake ie tomatoes sodas .. Other things just aren't coming to mind. Oh certain fruits. Gatorade water and tea I would assume are fine. Since he doesn't eat veggies don't feed him white bread. Whole grain bread is more beneficial. Um... I'm not sure what else. Try pepto when his tummy is upset. I will ask my dh what he ate when he had stomach problems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured