Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel if your DD was a gold digger.

Posted by   + Show Post

*completely hypothetical*

Let's say your DD is 18. She is cute, young, and single with absolutely no prospects. She meets a 89 year old multi millionaire with not many more years to live. He has no family or children. He just wants to be happy and not die alone. They end up becoming affectionate with each other and begin to spend every second together. She doesn't really love him "like that" but she does enjoy his company. He just wants someone to spend the few years he has left with. He also promises to give her the world and when he dies, everything is hers.He asks her to marry him. 

She asks you if marrying him would be the right thing to do. What advice would you give her? What do you think she should do?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I get that, but technically it would be for life...

Quoting kiddycat73:

I would completely discourage it. Marriage is for love and the intent to have a family someday. In our religion, it's one of the 7 sacraments, and is a lifelong commitment (except in cases of abuse). I would be very disappointed if one of my DDs even considered such a thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I wouldn't want her marrying someone she wasn't in love with but I dunno.  My daughter is only 5. lol  This is weird.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell her do what she thinks is right and be honest.  Can she say, "I dont love you like that but if thats what you want we can get married after we see a lawyer." If she is honest with her intentions I see no problem with it. 

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

BUMP!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

BUMP!

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

*sidenote*  what the hell is that gif from?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

TBH, I'd tell her to marry him and rock that old man's world. Hell after a couple times his old dried up ass will be dead. He get's to die happy and she gets the luxury of never worrying about money. 

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I'd be pretty upset with my 18 year old if she had no prospects. Who she decides to marry is her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM
What's my love life like?

I'd get in on that and take her place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColorMeCrazy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I would be disappointed and embarrassed but would stand by her choice. I'd also remind her of Anna Nicole who was taken to court by the sugar daddy's family to get the money back.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I really hope my DD has better standards for herself then that. I'd be a little disgusted, and seriously disappointed if she did something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured