Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hey dirty hoarders... let's see inside your home... if u dare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm just curious if anyone that is a hoarder would post a pic of an area inside their home... If not any semi dirty ppl let's see the filthiest part of your home... Mine is the laundry room... Can post a pic later when I get home
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Replies (131-138):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, let me give you some of the back story that may help to make all of this scrambled family mess make sense, well I hope it sheds some light on the mess I was left to manage from decades ago to the present time.  As strange as it may seem, my late Mother and my late Father and I ALL used the same lawyer.  He has been familiar with our family situation for as long as I can remember.  My late father took off with Mistress Number Two, affectionately called by me as "Queen Shit".  She was an evil woman, not that I could think of anyone worse than my late father, who up until a short time ago, held the title, hands down.  He was brilliant, but evil.  He invented lots of commonly used items and made his fortune on the revenue of those patent items.  Here is how the paperwork was done.  First, back in 1968, when my late father took up with Queen Shit and adopted her 13 children, he needed to get that group on his Blue Cross Insurance and FAST.  He had Queen Shit legally change her name to my late Mother's name, which also happens to be MY name, too. That is why when my late Mother went to the hospital with a heart attack at age 42 years, no insurance, she died. 

Queen Shit died just before my late father did.  When his estate was read, he left zilch to the 13 adopted children and all of the paper work to every item I donated, had MY name on it, too.  So, I was somewhat of a silent partner all these years and never knew it.  As long as Queen Shit was alive, my late father and she got the tax bill and I went along not knowing anything.  Here is why I could get an interest rate near zero.  When there is a large group of mortgages held by one person (me) when I sold those properties, there was a enough value in the portfolio to make a 'pool' of mortgages, which then comes under bank to bank lending rates.  This is how Fannie, Freddie and Ginny Mac loans work.  A group of investors (mostly owners of cemeteries) put up $25,000 each, to create a rate of return higher than on passbook savings accounts.  In this day and time, if you can even get 1% profit off of any government loan pool, you are doing very well indeed.  The new mortgages are held by the bank that my Aunt works with, the new owners pay that bank the loan payments.  The profits from the sales of those buildings, which in theory, I could have kept, but did not want, I donated the balance of all profits to a charity.  Since all of his property was in the names of my late father and then Queen Shit, then me, I was able to dispose of the entire estate in about four months.  My lawyer also has the same CPA that took care of my late fathers, my late Mothers, Queen Shit's and my money paperwork. 

This is all above board, I was legally named as an owner for more than six months prior to the deaths of each of the primary owners.  Therefore, it is my property to dispose of as I saw fit.  Because I sold them at a net loss, there will be major deductions for the losses. 

My life has been a long melodrama, dealing with owning my first home at age 11 years, (my Mom's house & estate), at age 14 years, (my Sister's house and estate) and now with my late father's estate.  Queen Shit would have gotten the entire thing if she lived just a few weeks longer.  Then, SHE could have divided up the properties between her 13 children, and I would not have had to be called in on this matter at all.  It was an ah shit moment when my attorney told me the extent of what I had to get rid of.  My late father was a pedophile.  He has never been near me or my children.  As far as my two children are concerned, they never knew or met any of my family, I was to them basically an orphan.  Now, with the money from my late Mother's estate and late Sister's estate, I used some to pay for my own college tuition, then locked the balances up from 1972 & 1975 respectively, and in 1999 when my dd entered college, it had grown by compounding interest to pay for her full ride to medical school.  In 2002, when ds wanted to go to college, I again opened up that trust and paid for his ride through medical school.  There is a balance in those funds still, but I do not plan to touch them again until I reach age 66 years old, or 14 years from now, when I will begin to withdraw $X per month off the interest, an leave the principle untouched as long as I can.  At my death, all funds will be donated to my late Mother's and my late Sister's Alma Mater, MIT and Harvard.

I grew up quick, I was handling adult responsibilities and legal and accounting issues from a very young age.  I knew this day would come.  I don't miss my late father, I DO miss more than you can ever know my Mother and my Sister.

Does this explain matters more clearly?  Oh, I forgot to mention, I have a relative who works for the IRS, who was the second person I talked to after the lawyer and the CPA.  I have sent in a boat load of money to the IRS.  I am sure at the end of the year, I will again have to pay a boat load of money to them, too.  I will be glad when 2013 will be done, so I can get back to my lower middle class tax bracket.   Most of the units sold for between $40 to $55k each.  Which would give the person a monthly payment, principle and interest only of about $450 per month.  I don't know how in hell they could have afforded the three grand, how many people had to live in that unit to come up with that kind of cash every dang month?  He was ripping them off big time.  I do not know exactly how much my late father paid for them,(when looked at as individual units) but I do know I sold them at a net loss. 

ps I don't know how to turn off this bold type, I am not yelling at you, but please don't beat me over the head for trying to get some good out of the ugly financial gains my late father left behind.  There are now homeowners, with a reasonable monthly payment, (sounds like a good thing to me), a church will have a nice retreat center, (sounds good to me), two people got a 2011 and a 2012 S class Mercedes super cheap, (sounds good to me).  I only kept the items from his home, one painting and two tea cups.  The painting is not worth more than $100 and the tea cups, I was surprised to learn are worth just over $250 each.  But those items are things that meant something to me.  I could not manage that home, I am in a wheelchair, no way could I have made it into the front door.  So, it was useless to me.  Why you may be asking did I not share the bounty with the other 13?  There was a codicil in the Will that stated if I did give them anything, everything automatically would go to charity.  I think my late father wanted some type of redemption from me and others, leaving his estate to charity may have made his dying easier for him.  I will never know.

ThQuoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.  I just finished donating my late father's possessions.  I only kept enough cash to pay the lawyer and this years taxes, which are going to be a monster.  I donated it, because I never wanted anything from him.  The first things to go were his two new Mercedes, then I donated his home to a

(This was my child hood home) local church for a retreat center, he left me 286 apartment units, new and he was collecting 3 grand a month on each one.  Since they are so far away from me, the first thing I did was call each tenant and tell them I was reducing their rent by one grand a month.  The next step my lawyer and I took, was to find out how much money each tenant got paid each week.  I wanted to know how much the main income was per unit.  Once I got all of that done, I reduced the rent per unit to equal one weeks pay.  It was a rule I grew up with, only spend one weeks pay on rent, and the rest of the budget will go fine.  I had to have happy tenants, I was no where near these units.  I have a family member who is in the upper ranks of a major bank, and the lawyer, my Aunt and I came up with a plan to make these 'renters' into home owners, kind of condo homes.  We arranged a near zero percent interest rate, we backed in the value of the mortgage based on the one week pay amount.  I had all but one to agree.  Thankfully, someone else in the building knew a cousin (or someone) who would jump at the chance to be a home owner and not a renter at such a ridiculous rate.  So, there are 286 new home owners, the money has all been donated to charity and I don't have to worry about snow removal, taxes, insurance, etc., etc., you get the picture?   Yes, I could have kept everything, but I am happy with what I have, I am what I am because I worked as hard as I could as long as I could, and so did my late father.  This year I will file as a multi millionaire, next year, same old lower middle class.  I am happy with my lot in life. ps The only things I kept from my late father's house were two tea cups that my great-great-Grandmother took with her when she emigrated to the United States from County Cork, Ireland.  That was all she had in this world, two tea cups.  I also kept the painting that hung in my bedroom.  Everything else stayed.  I thought to myself as I was done with a three way call with the lawyer and the church, what would they do with the contents of the wine cellar?  My late father was Irish Catholic, and I donated the home to a ultra conservative Southern Baptist Church.  Maybe they will auction it off?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

hugsx a million

I am so sorry sweety :((

Quoting Anonymous:

My house currently looks like a hoarders home.  My father died earlier this year and when my oldest sister, his first child, killed herself, he had her entire home packed into boxes and locked into one room of his home.  I am the executrix of his estate, so this moving van pulls up a few weeks ago and unloads boxes circa 1975.  I can't just toss them.  I have to go through each one methodically.  I can find diamond earrings in the pages of a book, dried blood vials (she was a doctor) in an outfit she must have worked in.  Imagine three bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room and a 1973 Chevy Nova appearing in your front yard.  I am about 1/2 way through.  The memories are far too painful to discuss.  She was my favorite sister of all of my family.  I am the last living relative of my birth family.  Sigh. 

How did you not have to sell any of the properties?  Because that tax bill is what 45% of all of the assets over 5 million?  How did you pull this off so quickly? Hell how did you manage to hold off the IRS till tax time NEXT year? The taxes on an estate are based on the value the day of death or 6 months later.
How did you arrange a near zero interest rate?  And if you are holding the mortgages on the properties (and who else would with an illegal near zero interest rate) how would you NOT still have a million dollars?  I mean at 3,000 a unit that was 858,000 dollars a month.  So let's say you cut it way down (and we will go to 1000 a month-they had to qualify for that if they qualified for 3000 a month...

That is 286,000 a month from the mortgages-MINIMUM-the values of the houses were based on the rent prices remember?  What  did the IRS say about you giving away property to avoid taxes? Because THAT is just what they are going to call it.

Nice try. You are full of it. the bank would NEVER buy up l;oans at below prime rate. EVER. They wouldn't be allowed to. Nor could you sell at a loss and get off tax free-you don't GET what you sell the equities for, you get  TAXED ON THE VALUE OF THE EQITIES ON THE DATE OF DEATH, OR A DAY 6 MONTHS LATER. What you sell them for HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR TAX BASIS. I HAVE been thru this, and you are lying.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM
dude! That would be committing CM suicide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, let me give you some of the back story that may help to make all of this scrambled family mess make sense, well I hope it sheds some light on the mess I was left to manage from decades ago to the present time.  As strange as it may seem, my late Mother and my late Father and I ALL used the same lawyer.  He has been familiar with our family situation for as long as I can remember.  My late father took off with Mistress Number Two, affectionately called by me as "Queen Shit".  She was an evil woman, not that I could think of anyone worse than my late father, who up until a short time ago, held the title, hands down.  He was brilliant, but evil.  He invented lots of commonly used items and made his fortune on the revenue of those patent items.  Here is how the paperwork was done.  First, back in 1968, when my late father took up with Queen Shit and adopted her 13 children, he needed to get that group on his Blue Cross Insurance and FAST.  He had Queen Shit legally change her name to my late Mother's name, which also happens to be MY name, too. That is why when my late Mother went to the hospital with a heart attack at age 42 years, no insurance, she died. 

Queen Shit died just before my late father did.  When his estate was read, he left zilch to the 13 adopted children and all of the paper work to every item I donated, had MY name on it, too.  So, I was somewhat of a silent partner all these years and never knew it.  As long as Queen Shit was alive, my late father and she got the tax bill and I went along not knowing anything.  Here is why I could get an interest rate near zero.  When there is a large group of mortgages held by one person (me) when I sold those properties, there was a enough value in the portfolio to make a 'pool' of mortgages, which then comes under bank to bank lending rates.  This is how Fannie, Freddie and Ginny Mac loans work.  A group of investors (mostly owners of cemeteries) put up $25,000 each, to create a rate of return higher than on passbook savings accounts.  In this day and time, if you can even get 1% profit off of any government loan pool, you are doing very well indeed.  The new mortgages are held by the bank that my Aunt works with, the new owners pay that bank the loan payments.  The profits from the sales of those buildings, which in theory, I could have kept, but did not want, I donated the balance of all profits to a charity.  Since all of his property was in the names of my late father and then Queen Shit, then me, I was able to dispose of the entire estate in about four months.  My lawyer also has the same CPA that took care of my late fathers, my late Mothers, Queen Shit's and my money paperwork. 

This is all above board, I was legally named as an owner for more than six months prior to the deaths of each of the primary owners.  Therefore, it is my property to dispose of as I saw fit.  Because I sold them at a net loss, there will be major deductions for the losses. 

My life has been a long melodrama, dealing with owning my first home at age 11 years, (my Mom's house & estate), at age 14 years, (my Sister's house and estate) and now with my late father's estate.  Queen Shit would have gotten the entire thing if she lived just a few weeks longer.  Then, SHE could have divided up the properties between her 13 children, and I would not have had to be called in on this matter at all.  It was an ah shit moment when my attorney told me the extent of what I had to get rid of.  My late father was a pedophile.  He has never been near me or my children.  As far as my two children are concerned, they never knew or met any of my family, I was to them basically an orphan.  Now, with the money from my late Mother's estate and late Sister's estate, I used some to pay for my own college tuition, then locked the balances up from 1972 & 1975 respectively, and in 1999 when my dd entered college, it had grown by compounding interest to pay for her full ride to medical school.  In 2002, when ds wanted to go to college, I again opened up that trust and paid for his ride through medical school.  There is a balance in those funds still, but I do not plan to touch them again until I reach age 66 years old, or 14 years from now, when I will begin to withdraw $X per month off the interest, an leave the principle untouched as long as I can.  At my death, all funds will be donated to my late Mother's and my late Sister's Alma Mater, MIT and Harvard.

I grew up quick, I was handling adult responsibilities and legal and accounting issues from a very young age.  I knew this day would come.  I don't miss my late father, I DO miss more than you can ever know my Mother and my Sister.

Does this explain matters more clearly?  Oh, I forgot to mention, I have a relative who works for the IRS, who was the second person I talked to after the lawyer and the CPA.  I have sent in a boat load of money to the IRS.  I am sure at the end of the year, I will again have to pay a boat load of money to them, too.  I will be glad when 2013 will be done, so I can get back to my lower middle class tax bracket.   Most of the units sold for between $40 to $55k each.  Which would give the person a monthly payment, principle and interest only of about $450 per month.  I don't know how in hell they could have afforded the three grand, how many people had to live in that unit to come up with that kind of cash every dang month?  He was ripping them off big time.  I do not know exactly how much my late father paid for them,(when looked at as individual units) but I do know I sold them at a net loss. 

ps I don't know how to turn off this bold type, I am not yelling at you, but please don't beat me over the head for trying to get some good out of the ugly financial gains my late father left behind.  There are now homeowners, with a reasonable monthly payment, (sounds like a good thing to me), a church will have a nice retreat center, (sounds good to me), two people got a 2011 and a 2012 S class Mercedes super cheap, (sounds good to me).  I only kept the items from his home, one painting and two tea cups.  The painting is not worth more than $100 and the tea cups, I was surprised to learn are worth just over $250 each.  But those items are things that meant something to me.  I could not manage that home, I am in a wheelchair, no way could I have made it into the front door.  So, it was useless to me.  Why you may be asking did I not share the bounty with the other 13?  There was a codicil in the Will that stated if I did give them anything, everything automatically would go to charity.  I think my late father wanted some type of redemption from me and others, leaving his estate to charity may have made his dying easier for him.  I will never know.

ThQuoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.  I just finished donating my late father's possessions.  I only kept enough cash to pay the lawyer and this years taxes, which are going to be a monster.  I donated it, because I never wanted anything from him.  The first things to go were his two new Mercedes, then I donated his home to a

(This was my child hood home) local church for a retreat center, he left me 286 apartment units, new and he was collecting 3 grand a month on each one.  Since they are so far away from me, the first thing I did was call each tenant and tell them I was reducing their rent by one grand a month.  The next step my lawyer and I took, was to find out how much money each tenant got paid each week.  I wanted to know how much the main income was per unit.  Once I got all of that done, I reduced the rent per unit to equal one weeks pay.  It was a rule I grew up with, only spend one weeks pay on rent, and the rest of the budget will go fine.  I had to have happy tenants, I was no where near these units.  I have a family member who is in the upper ranks of a major bank, and the lawyer, my Aunt and I came up with a plan to make these 'renters' into home owners, kind of condo homes.  We arranged a near zero percent interest rate, we backed in the value of the mortgage based on the one week pay amount.  I had all but one to agree.  Thankfully, someone else in the building knew a cousin (or someone) who would jump at the chance to be a home owner and not a renter at such a ridiculous rate.  So, there are 286 new home owners, the money has all been donated to charity and I don't have to worry about snow removal, taxes, insurance, etc., etc., you get the picture?   Yes, I could have kept everything, but I am happy with what I have, I am what I am because I worked as hard as I could as long as I could, and so did my late father.  This year I will file as a multi millionaire, next year, same old lower middle class.  I am happy with my lot in life. ps The only things I kept from my late father's house were two tea cups that my great-great-Grandmother took with her when she emigrated to the United States from County Cork, Ireland.  That was all she had in this world, two tea cups.  I also kept the painting that hung in my bedroom.  Everything else stayed.  I thought to myself as I was done with a three way call with the lawyer and the church, what would they do with the contents of the wine cellar?  My late father was Irish Catholic, and I donated the home to a ultra conservative Southern Baptist Church.  Maybe they will auction it off?

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

hugsx a million

I am so sorry sweety :((

Quoting Anonymous:

My house currently looks like a hoarders home.  My father died earlier this year and when my oldest sister, his first child, killed herself, he had her entire home packed into boxes and locked into one room of his home.  I am the executrix of his estate, so this moving van pulls up a few weeks ago and unloads boxes circa 1975.  I can't just toss them.  I have to go through each one methodically.  I can find diamond earrings in the pages of a book, dried blood vials (she was a doctor) in an outfit she must have worked in.  Imagine three bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room and a 1973 Chevy Nova appearing in your front yard.  I am about 1/2 way through.  The memories are far too painful to discuss.  She was my favorite sister of all of my family.  I am the last living relative of my birth family.  Sigh. 

How did you not have to sell any of the properties?  Because that tax bill is what 45% of all of the assets over 5 million?  How did you pull this off so quickly? Hell how did you manage to hold off the IRS till tax time NEXT year? The taxes on an estate are based on the value the day of death or 6 months later.
How did you arrange a near zero interest rate?  And if you are holding the mortgages on the properties (and who else would with an illegal near zero interest rate) how would you NOT still have a million dollars?  I mean at 3,000 a unit that was 858,000 dollars a month.  So let's say you cut it way down (and we will go to 1000 a month-they had to qualify for that if they qualified for 3000 a month...

That is 286,000 a month from the mortgages-MINIMUM-the values of the houses were based on the rent prices remember?  What  did the IRS say about you giving away property to avoid taxes? Because THAT is just what they are going to call it.

Nice try. You are full of it. the bank would NEVER buy up l;oans at below prime rate. EVER. They wouldn't be allowed to. Nor could you sell at a loss and get off tax free-you don't GET what you sell the equities for, you get  TAXED ON THE VALUE OF THE EQITIES ON THE DATE OF DEATH, OR A DAY 6 MONTHS LATER. What you sell them for HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR TAX BASIS. I HAVE been thru this, and you are lying.

This is all above board, I was legally named as an owner for more than six months prior to the deaths of each of the primary owners. Therefore, it is my property to dispose of as I saw fit. Because I sold them at a net loss, there will be major deductions for the losses.

The look back is well over 10 years-it's called giving away property in expectation of death-6 months does NOT cut it. No where near.

Again BS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM
I should sneak over and take a pic of the neighbors yard lol.
They are just lazy not hoarders but if you didn't know better.. Right now thier grass is so high it goes halfway up thier non running truck.. And somewhere near the truck is a big dog on a chain, but you can't see her over the grass.
Their garage is impassable, inside isn't much better
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Wow someone cut that tree!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Screw this....mile long trees on mobile and large font. Ahhh!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM
My parents are hoarders but I don't have pictures
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
i have no mess or clutter. im ocd and i have to clean its getting worse and i wish i could stop it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)