Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cat Lovers: What Does This Mean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Lately whenever my cat sees me he rolls onto his back and puts his paws up..like his paws look like what a dog's sometimes looks like when they are begging.

I thought maybe he wanted a belly rub but whenever I try to rub his belly he gets a little frisky with me-not mean, just playful.

IDK what it means if he doesn't want me to rub his belly!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witegrlprblms
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM
He just wants to play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Play time
Or in my cats world it's a hey look at me, you haven't looked at me the last five min lady
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

No idea, I'm still trying to figure out why my kitten has started shitting in my bathroom sink.....

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Play. Or in my house it can mean, "look at my belly! But don't touch it! Hisssssss"
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

This:)

Quoting witegrlprblms:

He just wants to play!

Thibmom
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. He wants to play. My cat does this all the time when I walk in the door. Also, it means that when a cat lays and rolls over to show his belly that he is comfortable and doesn't feel threatened. Cats are dominate animals. They don't like the submissiveness such as belly rubbing as would a dog. So for a cat to show his belly in the first place means that's he is quite at home where he is...he loves you. :)

Quoting witegrlprblms:

He just wants to play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM

When my cat does it, she either wants a belly rub, or she wants to play.

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM
This. But NEVER try to rub a pregnant cats belly! She will EAT YOU!! Lol. I knew my cat was about to go into labor because about 10 minutes before contractions hit she wanted her belly rubbed. Before that however, she didnt want it touched at all. She did that all 4 pregnancies.

Quoting Thibmom:

Yep. He wants to play. My cat does this all the time when I walk in the door. Also, it means that when a cat lays and rolls over to show his belly that he is comfortable and doesn't feel threatened. Cats are dominate animals. They don't like the submissiveness such as belly rubbing as would a dog. So for a cat to show his belly in the first place means that's he is quite at home where he is...he loves you. :)

Quoting witegrlprblms:

He just wants to play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

It means he is a furry bear trap.

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Probably smells something in it. Try cleaning it with diluted amonia for a few weeks. They dont like the smell of it and will stay away from it. Some cats just will not litter box train no matter how hard you try.

Quoting WifeyC:

No idea, I'm still trying to figure out why my kitten has started shitting in my bathroom sink.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)