Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I look down on people that...

Have babies after they're 35+. I think it's messed up. They should have had children when it was safer. They will be old when their kids are growing up. Especially look down on those 40-50+. That's just selfish and wrong. Even adults deserve to have their parents in their lives for a long time. How can someone willingly shorten that time? On top of that, these kids are usually horrible brats (entitled) , or are anti-social. Two complete extremes. 

I know nobody will agree with me, and I would never say it to anyone except my husband (whom agrees with me), but that's my confession. 

For those using slang words for disabilities. Please refrain from using these words. They are against TOS, and VERY disrespectful. You can disagree with me all you want, but using those words are wrong, and not acceptable. You CAN disagree in a tasteful way.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
30 really? How old were you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its sick past 30.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

So you should ignore the risk to the child because you are okay with risking your own body? That sounds like a great mom....

Quoting chelseadiane:

Our bodies are stll able to have children until about 50 years old.If mother nature says it's OK to bear children until menopause- who are you to judge?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM
4 moms liked this

I look down on people who have kids when they are not financially stable (like can't feed their kid without WIC or SNAP) because they do not want to be "old" when they do have kids.

Go to a low income school. The vast majority of the students have parents who had them in their teens or early twenties.

Go to a middle-class school. The majority of students have parents who had them in their late twenties to mid thirties. There is a connection!

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM
This!

Quoting Jessiejem:

I look down on unwed mothers and teen pregnancy. I think it is selfish and wrong to bring children into the world you are not emotionally or financially prepared for .

so , that's my confession . woopie do!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grouchymama
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting mistealea:

My MIL had my BIL at 42 and we ended up adopting him when he was 4 he had no social skills what so ever and has never been around kids his age. he is 7 now and has friend but we still have trouble with the social skills. I don't look down on them but I do think it is wrong t to have kids at an older age

This had nothing to do with age. I was 38,39 and 41 when my kids were born. My kids and I are at the YMCA 6 days a week, church 1-2 days and they go to school too. All of these provide opportunities for my kids to play, interact, learn and work with other kids. Lots of the moms I interact with in our community are my age (43). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Why do you care? It's not like they are forcing you to do it.
smem24
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting karlie2:

I look down on people who are shorter than me. That's my confession.

Oh no how tall are you? lol I might be one your looking down on!

[[ I like my music loud & drinks strong! ]]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting mama2gg:

Thank you grammar police

I have severe dyslexia , no I do not home school but that doesn't make me uneducated because I have issues with words ...

How very rude for no reason

Oh, I am sorry. I didn't know. I just thought you were another CM who couldn't figure out your, you're, their, etc. That's the norm around here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mama2gg:

Hopefully, you are not homeschooling your children. How could you not know the difference between there and their?

I don't agree with the 35-39 age having babies people can live very healthy lives all the way till there (THEIR) children have there (THEIR) own children

And I don't look down on anyone for there (THEIR) choices in life that's not my right

However I personally would never have a baby after 40 even if I was fit healthy etc there is just way too much time difference and no matter how much you "keep up with the times" the gap between child and parent is so large there is no way the parents can relate to anything with there (THEIR) child

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Gee I was 27 when I had my dd. We ttc for awhile but nothing happened, I was 32 when I had ds ...... Oh well. Don't care what ppl like you think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

i dont look down on them but i worry and hope everything turns out alright. but that does remind me one of my dh's exgf mom has had 2 kids in the past 2yrs and she is like 45 with some guy that is 19yrs old ! The most recent one she had complications because her water broke too early on. 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN