Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A family member was arrested for a sexual offense...

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 57 Replies

My uncle was arrested for molesting a 9 year old girl. He has been in jail for a few months andi just found outthat he will be getting out on August 30th!!

This man has been around me my whole life, He was alwasy the "creepy uncle" but i never really expected this. He as been around my DD and they have played together!!!

Then we found out that this INST THE FIRST TIME!!!

What am i supposed to do?!?!

I mean am i supposed to not attend family functions now incase he will be there? Should i call his PO if he shows up at a family function where children are present??

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=453356901353342&set=o.287629097976113&type=1&theater

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM

i dont understand how he molest and try to rape a 9 year old girl and only get a couple months in jail....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM

*offense 

I really don't understand the question.  "What am I supposed to do?"  What do you think you should be doing?  What is there to do?  

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep your kids far away from him thats all you can do
AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

*offense 

I really don't understand the question.  "What am I supposed to do?"  What do you think you should be doing?  What is there to do?  

sorry i edited my post.

i meant what am i supposed to do now. like what shoudl i do if he shows up at a family event? should i just let me kids be around him(not gonna happen) or should i tell him to leabe, or should i call 911 and report him...

areyouatroll
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
What is the Facebook link to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, I suppose you should do what you think is right.  I don't see a problem with him being around children at family functions, providing the children are under the supervision of their parents.  I certainly would not let my children to be around him without direct supervision.  However, I would do whatever his parole required - and if his parole required that he not be around children, yes, I would report him if he showed up at a family event.  

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

*offense 

sorry i edited my post.

i meant what am i supposed to do now. like what shoudl i do if he shows up at a family event? should i just let me kids be around him(not gonna happen) or should i tell him to leabe, or should i call 911 and report him...

areyouatroll
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I would not go to any he would be at....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I would go to family functions but the minute he arrived *if* he even arrived, I would leave.  I can't imagine why anyone would invite some sick nasty ass dude to family functions that would have children though.

AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM
He was featured on a Facebook page for our area, just getting the word out because he will be getting out soon. It talks about his case

Quoting areyouatroll:

What is the Facebook link to?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dommad2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I suppose you should do what you think is right.  I don't see a problem with him being around children at family functions, providing the children are under the supervision of their parents.  I certainly would not let my children to be around him without direct supervision.  However, I would do whatever his parole required - and if his parole required that he not be around children, yes, I would report him if he showed up at a family event.  

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

*offense 

sorry i edited my post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN