Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A family member was arrested for a sexual offense...

Posted by   + Show Post

My uncle was arrested for molesting a 9 year old girl. He has been in jail for a few months andi just found outthat he will be getting out on August 30th!!

This man has been around me my whole life, He was alwasy the "creepy uncle" but i never really expected this. He as been around my DD and they have played together!!!

Then we found out that this INST THE FIRST TIME!!!

What am i supposed to do?!?!

I mean am i supposed to not attend family functions now incase he will be there? Should i call his PO if he shows up at a family function where children are present??

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=453356901353342&set=o.287629097976113&type=1&theater

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Replies (51-57):
AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well shouldn't he be on parole for at least two yrs after getting out? I'd report him if he showed up at any family function where kids are present. If not then just don't go if he'll be there. I would never risk that with my kids. My MIL decided to go marry herself a sex offender and now she's limited on the kind of interaction she has with my kids...did I mention the man is also my DH's uncle (his dad's half brother) and he's not allowed anywhere near our kids

He is on probation until 2036

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

I would go to family functions but the minute he arrived *if* he even arrived, I would leave.  I can't imagine why anyone would invite some sick nasty ass dude to family functions that would have children though.

Because some families don't want to be "unconfortable". Someone in my family was molested (before I was born) and it was never talked about.  The guy spend time in our home a great deal.  I was 42 before I knew about it. Now I look back and wonder about things that were said, done, etc.  Some families are just special that way

PEEK05
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PEEK05:

I would go to family functions but the minute he arrived *if* he even arrived, I would leave.  I can't imagine why anyone would invite some sick nasty ass dude to family functions that would have children though.

Because some families don't want to be "unconfortable". Someone in my family was molested (before I was born) and it was never talked about.  The guy spend time in our home a great deal.  I was 42 before I knew about it. Now I look back and wonder about things that were said, done, etc.  Some families are just special that way

Uncomfortable? Really? So it's alright to invite some sick predator to a family function with children, who are his targets, so it's not "uncomfortable"? No, those families aren't special.  They're sick and disturbing.  Someone who HAD BEEN molested is a different story than someone INVITING a KNOWN MOLESTOR to children to a family function where there will be CHILDREN.

IWannaLoveAgain
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

KEEP HIM AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY AT ALL COSTS!!!!! I would DEFINITELY call his PO if he shows up where children are present. My kids are more important.

Monamou
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I couldnt fake nice w that pos. I wouldnt be nice to my family for inviting him either. How could you let your kids dance around knowing it gave him a hard on. Wtf.

Quoting southern.momof2:

I can't believe how many women are saying its ok for the kids to be around the fucking pervert "as long as you keep your eye on your kids" Wtf?? 

I have an anger problem and I don't hold my tounge well. If the bastard even looked in my kids general direction, I would stab his eyes out.

Quoting Monamou:

Me too. He attempted to rape a 9yo. He doesnt need to interact w kids ever. ew.

Quoting southern.momof2:

I disagree with this. I do see a problem with him being around children even at family functions. My child would not go near this sick bastard for any reason. Yes, I would leave the function and contact his po.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I suppose you should do what you think is right.  I don't see a problem with him being around children at family functions, providing the children are under the supervision of their parents.  I certainly would not let my children to be around him without direct supervision.  However, I would do whatever his parole required - and if his parole required that he not be around children, yes, I would report him if he showed up at a family event.  

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

*offense 

I really don't understand the question.  "What am I supposed to do?"  What do you think you should be doing?  What is there to do?  

sorry i edited my post.

i meant what am i supposed to do now. like what shoudl i do if he shows up at a family event? should i just let me kids be around him(not gonna happen) or should i tell him to leabe, or should i call 911 and report him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PEEK05:

Uncomfortable? Really? So it's alright to invite some sick predator to a family function with children, who are his targets, so it's not "uncomfortable"? No, those families aren't special.  They're sick and disturbing.  Someone who HAD BEEN molested is a different story than someone INVITING a KNOWN MOLESTOR to children to a family function where there will be CHILDREN.

Look lady, I was being sarcastic about my own family.  My thoughts are that NOBODY that you know that hurts children in ANY way should be allowed around them.  My child will never be around family members such as that.  EVER. And I don't give a rats ass who it pisses off within my "family".  Last month a member here said that was her mothers excuse for inviting her child molesting brother to family functions was because she felt "uncomfortable" not inviting him.  Sorry I wasted your time.  Apparently I didn't get my point across. 

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

God that is so disgusting. DO NOT SUPPORT HIM! Give the girl's family all of your support. He is a sick fuck. I also couldn't help but notice you are from Minneapolis, I am too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured