Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's hard to see a celeb you admired as a kid sink so low.

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

Randy Travis, Aug. 8, 2012. (Grayson County Sheriff's Office)
Country star Randy Travis has been charged with driving while intoxicated in North Texas.

The Grayson County Sheriff’s Office says Travis was jailed without bond Wednesday pending an appearance before a judge in Sherman, about 60 miles north of Dallas, the Associated Press reported.

Travis was naked when he crashed his car, TMZ reports. It was believed to be the only vehicle involved in the incident:

Sources tell TMZ … Travis was BUCK NAKED when cops arrived to the crash scene. It’s unclear why Travis was not wearing clothes.

We’re also told the country singer refused to take a breathalyzer, so a blood draw was taken to determine his blood alcohol level.

Sgt. Rickey Wheeler says Travis also faces a charge of retaliation or obstruction, a felony. Travis apparently threatened the Trooper and his family, officials reportedly told nbcdfw.com.

Wheeler says a Texas trooper arrested Travis around midnight Tuesday near Tioga, where the entertainer lives.

A Travis representative did not immediately reply to a message Wednesday from The Associated Press.

According to TMZ.com, Travis sustained minor cuts and bruises and was also cited for “retaliation and obstruction.”

According to nbcdfw.com:

Grayson County District Attorney Joseph Brown said Travis was arrested on a first-time DWI offense, which is a Class B misdemeanor, and that the retaliation charge is generally a third-degree felony punishable by 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Because of the felony charge, Travis must be arraigned before a judge at which time bond will be set.  That is expected to happen at about 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The Honky Tonk Moon hitmaker, who remains in custody, in February was charged with public intoxication after being spotted in a vehicle parked in front of a church in Sanger, about 20 miles from Tioga.

View Larger Map

The Associated Press and WENN contributed to this report.

Sad, I grew up listening to his music and a lot of it is actually Christian. Anyone remember 3 wooden crosses?
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I'm digging up bones...
Everyone has thier struggles, sometimes it's hard to be heard.. May the goddess be with him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't admire celebs 
And celebs, just like anyone else, can develop problems 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm digging up bones...
Everyone has thier struggles, sometimes it's hard to be heard.. May the goddess be with him

I just hope he gets help before he kills himself, or worse an innocent person.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
My grandmother listened to him all the time when I was growing up. I admit I kinda hate him now. Too much randy.
sampson200
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Can't a guy drive drunk and naked without it being front page news nowadays?! Geez......

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Quoting sampson200:

Can't a guy drive drunk and naked without it being front page news nowadays?! Geez......

Lol, nope not anymore.
TraceyMR
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I loved his music when I was growing up. Sad that he is having troubles

VannaMae307
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Wow :( he is an amazing singer. I hate reading stuff like this.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i like him then and i still like him

everyone does stupid shit espically divorcing from a significant other

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM

i am not really a fan, but I hope he gets help for his demons, everyone has them and I think it makes it just that much harder to have to get over them in public. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN