Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my brother is in the army *edit* more info

Yesterday he was shot twice. Once in the shoulder and once in the jaw. He also shattered his femur.

The person he was with most likely won't make it.

: (

* Turns out theres one death and two others injured : ( I hate this bc all these horrible scenarios run through my head. Was he scared? Was he awake crawling for help? It makes me want to vomit*

MORE INFO

Hes now in Germany. He was actually shot 3 times. He has pretty bad damage to his jaw and butt. Hes been kept unconcious for the entire ordeal. They told us he isnt going to have visitors until he wakes up and requests them and that most likely wont happen until he comes to the US. I will keep you ladies updated as soon as I hear anything else.

Thanks for all the support and advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Family members are authorized to travel at the governments expense to Walter Reed if the physician believes it is in the best interest of the soldier and it will aide in his recovery.

They will cover travel of up to 3 family members for up to 30 days, round trip airfare, car service, lodging and meals. Lodging plus $61 a day per diem is covered for authorized family members.

This is all done on military orders and has to be preapproved. Army regulations determine what family members are authorized on government paid travel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby2zacharias
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
He is married but no kids. I would appreciate if you could find out. I just want to see him so bad right now

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Is he married? They will cover his wife's/children's travel expenses. I'm not sure about extended family...I can find out.

Quoting baby2zacharias:

I can't afford it anyway... I want to be there for him I hate that he's alone right now. I can't enjoy anything thinking he's suffering alone...

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Exactly.

He should go from the field hospital to Germany and then to Walter Reed. Your family should be able to get to him once he's at Walter Reed. Sometimes you can get to Germany but only if he will be there for an extended amount of time.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I know it's hard. Is he in Germany yet? I can tell you firsthand that he's in excellent hands once he makes it there. And before anyone says something, I am in no way violating OPSEC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby2zacharias
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Thank you so much I'm going to ask about this

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Family members are authorized to travel at the governments expense to Walter Reed if the physician believes it is in the best interest of the soldier and it will aide in his recovery.

They will cover travel of up to 3 family members for up to 30 days, round trip airfare, car service, lodging and meals. Lodging plus $61 a day per diem is covered for authorized family members.

This is all done on military orders and has to be preapproved. Army regulations determine what family members are authorized on government paid travel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Contact the Red Cross. They can help get his immediate family get over to Germany and they even have complimentary housing.

Quoting baby2zacharias:

He's on his way sometime today. I'm glad to hear hell be in good hands there.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I know it's hard. Is he in Germany yet? I can tell you firsthand that he's in excellent hands once he makes it there. And before anyone says something, I am in no way violating OPSEC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
The physician fills out a form DA 2984 and you guys will need Travel and Transportation orders. Those can only be made once the physician fills out the 2984.

Let me do a little more research and see what family members they cover.

Quoting baby2zacharias:

Thank you so much I'm going to ask about this

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
(((((HUGS))))) Our oldest is a Marine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

=(

Josie.Grossie
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
:( Sendimg positive thoughts your way. I hope he recovers well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Complete ignorance. OPSEC isn't something to screw around with. I'm truly sorry you think it is. But posting where a division is deployed to, not ok.

Quoting mindie07:

OMG fucking shut the hell up! SHE can do whatever she wants, who is going to see it?? no one you idiot. Get a life. AND FOr the person whose brother got hurt I am so sry!

Quoting Regina_Falange:

That and the name of the division. You can't post specifics like this.

And because of stuff like the above and you have other mama's worried about a most likely non realistic connection.

Quoting baby2zacharias:

What's that? I took the location down is that what wsd wrong?

Quoting Regina_Falange:

Opsec mama. Opsec.

waitWHAT
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM
How horrifying. I'm sorry best wishes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN