Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Are there any successful women on here who finished college and working their dream jobs? Just wanted to hear a few success stories for motivation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
mitikusmom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I have an accounting degree. I have the best job ever, but without college, my employer never would have even looked at my resume. You can do it, and it will be totally worth it in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

me :) 

i studied comp sci and working in the field.  i'm a self-employed IT consultant and  i LOVE what i do for a living.  it's challenging, lucrative and i get to geek out every day which is awesome.  computers and technology has always been a hobby of mine and getting up for work doesn't even feel like work. 

right now, i'm off for the summer.  i was going to go back in october but decided to extend my vacation until january!

do it!! go for your dreams... it'll be the best thing :)

karmajay
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Feels good to hear successful mom stories.

Quoting itsm3:

i studied comp sci and working in the field.  i'm a self-employed IT consultant and  i LOVE what i do for a living.  it's challenging, lucrative and i get to geek out every day which is awesome.  computers and technology has always been a hobby of mine and getting up for work doesn't even feel like work. 

right now, i'm off for the summer.  i was going to go back in october but decided to extend my vacation until january!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I didn't go to college, but I was a nursing assistant before I had kids, and now that my youngest will be 5 soon I plan on getting my cna again and going back to doing what I love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I just graduated and I'm waiting on paperwork to go through for my new career. I don't know just yet if its my dream job but I'm hoping it leads me in the right direction.

I will be a child and youth case manager. Working on keeping the family together and helping parents, well parent their children.

MommyChristina1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Mental health therapy. I'm now a child therapist. What are you in school for?

Quoting karmajay:

What did you major in?

Quoting MommyChristina1:

Well I finished and have a great job, but I'm still going back to school in a few weeks. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I'm currently still in school working on my goal (master degree in nursing and bachelor degree in homeland security), but I'm already gaining the experience I need to succeed in my dream career by volunteering inside of our local hospital and volunteering with red cross. My resume looks awesome :-)!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I did and do. I'm a reading teacher. I'm not exactly raking in the bug bucks, but that's never been my goal.
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM

did not finish..but I have a "senior exec" job w/ a large retailer and I am in Human Resources....

AndiWest83
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I wish I could have a geek career. I'm the biggest science geek ever. People always think I'm dumb though cuz of all of my tats. I'm starting the nursing program this semester actually and hopefully *fingers crossed* I will reach my goal of becoming a flight nurse. :) Your job sounds awesome though. I might have attempted something like that if the economy was a little better.

Quoting itsm3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)