Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am filing for CS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My SO and I have been together for just over 4 years. We had a daughter 2 months ago. Well we have been having a hard time. He constantly is over his parents house and with his brothers. He will never invite us with him, he doesn't work. I feel and he knows this, that he should be out looking for a job. Not hanging out with his mom and brothers. I get family is important but he has his own family now. I am close with his mom BTW she is awesome. I just feel he puts his relationship with his mom before his relationship with our daughter and DS. I have tried to talk to him about this over and over. He will just walk away and not talk to me.

I don't want to file but he hadn't helped support her at all. I pay all of our bills, diapers,food,clothes,gas by myself. So today he is at his moms again, and I am going to file while he is gone. I told him I was going to file and we are done. He doesn't believe me. So I guess he will when he sees the papers in the mail.

Before I get bashed I tried to get him to go to counciling with me. He won't. I have tried many different approaches, nothing makes him change.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Well if he doesn't have a job, it isn't going to do any good to file for cs...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I know, but I am hoping something will kick his ass into gear. And his parents will most likely pay it. They baby the crap out of him.

Quoting MamaJess9:

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Get rid of him and file for CS. The judge will order an amount based on his work history and what he is capable of making.  

Michellina11234
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I would establish custody first and then do it. If he isn't working don't expect much!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I know. It just hurts so badly. I thought he would be a great dad and be around. But he isn't and it kills me I have to do this. I want a family. I'm sorry I am babbling on I am crying now.

Quoting owl0210:

Get rid of him and file for CS. The judge will order an amount based on his work history and what he is capable of making.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I will do that. Thank you

Quoting Michellina11234:

I would establish custody first and then do it. If he isn't working don't expect much!!

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
priincessz
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking this also. He still thinks that he can do whatever he wants and doesn't have any responsibilities. If you have to file so he can get his ass up from his moms house then do it. Oh and if he loves to spend more time at his parents house then I would take all his shit over there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, but I am hoping something will kick his ass into gear. And his parents will most likely pay it. They baby the crap out of him.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Bet those papers being served will get his attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Lol good idea. He lives with me but not after tonight.

Quoting priincessz:

I was thinking this also. He still thinks that he can do whatever he wants and doesn't have any responsibilities. If you have to file so he can get his ass up from his moms house then do it. Oh and if he loves to spend more time at his parents house then I would take all his shit over there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaJess9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)