Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those blind parents...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Now that your children are going back to school please support the teacher and don't be blinded by your child misbehavior. :)

Love,

A middle school teacher.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Replies (111-120):
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Rule no. 1. NEVER misspell a word or use the wrong word on CM. Mistakes never happen and it automatically means you are stupid.

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM
People, in my day children just behaved in the classroom. If they did not mommy and daddy beat their little butts and sent them back with a letter of apology to.their teacher. Yee we have cruddy teachers who should be flipping burgers instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM

this post is a fail. delete it , write it again using spell check , and try again. :) 

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Dear Teacher(s), 

If my child is causing a problem, let me know and we can work together to fix it. However, do not do any of the following, please: 

1) decide that the best way to teach children is through humiliation (like putting the names of children who have not mastered a skill on the board so that the whole class knows).

2) Do not tell me at the first conference (and the first time that I have ever had you talk to me about my child) that she is not going to pass the grade. Don't write her off and make her life (and mine) hell for the rest of the year to fulfill your own prophecy.

3) When I take time to meet with you (and the principal, VP, and Counselor) to come up with a plan (SST) to help my child learn better, don't quit after a (VERY successful) week and go back to your default position that she will not pass the grade.

4) Mock my child and allow other students to see her private communications from the principal to ME. When I bring up the problem, don't tell me you will "Talk to the student" and then continue to let it happen.

5) When I call a meeting with the principal to discuss these and MANY other unwanted behaviors that you are displaying (and the fact that my repeated attempts to work with you have been fruitless), but then wake up that morning throwing up and have to cancel the meeting, don't meet with the principal anyway and then put my child in ISS for 2 weeks without even letting me know. IDGAF what you and the principal called it, when you tell a child it is detention and take away their recess time every day for two weeks, it is a punishment. She wasn't even doing anything wrong.

6) When I take my child out and homeschool her for the rest of the year to get her away from you evil ass, don't act like she is your best friend when she returns the next year. After you get your wish and she has to repeat the grade, don't take every chance that you see her in the hall to tell her that she is going to end up repeating the grade again because of minor things that are none of your business. Don't make me send out an email to everyone in the school saying that MY child is not to be put in your classroom for any reason (because her new teacher put her in there to make up work EVERYTIME she missed school, where you needled her and made the poor kid so sick that the mention of school made her throw up and run a fever). BTW, after missing nearly two months first semester before finally telling me what was going on, I sent out that email. She had perfect attendance second semester. I am so glad you are retired. Now if you could just stop showing up to tutor kids. You are poisonous and no one likes you. Go away. (Sorry Op, that part might have been a tad too specific).

Another kid, another teacher, another year:

1) When my child notices that a girl who bullied her mercilessly the year before is in her class at open house and she mentions it to you, don't look at her like she is trying to cause problems and tell her that "her (my child's) attitude" is not going to be allowed in class this year.

2)Don't continue to put the bully in a position of authority in the class, especially over my child. Do not punish my child based solely on the bully's word. When my child has had to sign the book every single day for something she hasn't done, don't be surprised when she stops caring that she has to sign the book. Don't send me notes on her sheet saying "B smiled when she had to sign the book today", "B rolled her eyes when she had to sign the book today". See, I don't so much care what facial expression she had when she was punished as much as I care WHY she was punished in the first place. When I tell you this, understand that when I get responses like "B was playing with her hair", or "B broke a pencil", I am going to roll my eyes and smile, too. Especially when I find out that your only evidence that she did this was the word of a bully.

3) If you think that my child may have forged a signature, you can pick up the phone and call me. I will find out for sure and let you know. What you cannot do is yell at my child for forging a signature, call her a liar when she tells you she didn't, make her stand with her face to the wall in front of the class until she "tells you the truth", send her out into the hall, yell at her some more, tell her she broke the law and could go to jail, and then yell at her some more. Then when the poor child confesses to forgery just to shut your ignorant, bullying ass up, you don't even let her mother know that she committed this felony? You were wrong BTW, she did not forge that signature.

4) When I send an e-mail to you, the principal and the VP saying that my child will not return to school until she is put in a new classroom, don't ask my older daughter why her sister isn't in school, when you damn well know why she isn't there. You put her in an awkward position and, for the second time in a few days, put one of my children in the position to lie to you.

5) When the principal asks you to write an email explaining what happened, don't tell a story that is ridiculous and an obvious lie and expect me to believe you. (side note to principals, don't back your teachers up when they are telling obvious, outright lies).

6) I'm glad you retired and that my child doesn't have to deal with you anymore (and that you know how to stay retired, unlike some teachers).

OP, I wrote out this extremely long vent that no one probably cares to read, to say this. If my child is treating a teacher like crap, it will not be tolerated. If they do something wrong, they will be punished and I will deal with it. However, if the teacher is treating my child like crap, that also will not be tolerated. I understand that you have a hard job full of crappy parents and difficult children. I will support you until it starts to interfere with my child's well-being. Every time I see one of these "poor teacher" posts, it brings up a lot of anger and a vicious need to vent. There ARE bad teachers out there, which is why I don't go with the "the teacher is always right" philosophy. Maybe you should take some of your anger out on the bad teachers for making parents have to protect their kids against the people they should be able to trust.

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Retard is also used legitimately. To retard something means to slow or delay it.

Quoting eztwins:

For the love of God this is ridiculous.  The definition of blind does not only apply to the physical disability of not having sight.  Retard only ever had one connotation.  Blind is a noun, adjective, adverb.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep I have a blind sister and I have eye issues myself its really offensive to address people like this. I feel the same about the word "retarded"

Quoting Anonymous:

Dear Teacher,

Some parents are actually visually impaired, so addressing this to blind parents is quite offensive.

Actually Blind Parents

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

La tuya

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Callate, tonto

Tu madre!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Quoting brettsmomma:

this post is a fail. delete it , write it again using spell check , and try again. :) 

Ok I will do that now go get your ass spanked!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Tu Abuela y toda tu familia! Come Basura.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Dear Middle School Teacher,

Please teach my child better grammar than you use.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Parent

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Some kids are just assholes

Quoting Anonymous:

It's also a teachers responsibility to make even the most boring of topics interesting in order to keep children engaged

Quoting Anonymous:

Dear parent,

Its your job to raise a child that respects thier teacher.

Quoting Anonymous:

To the teacher

Deal with it. It's your job to engage a class, thus diminishing any misbehaviour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN