Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH is going insane and it's killing me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
This is not a troll post. I posted about this before with a fake profile until I learned about this group so now I'm just going anon. I don't know what to do. He has been taking Adderall for almost a year now, and he isn't the same. He has accused me of having hidden cameras, lasers and has said he thinks I have apps and stuff to trick him. He says he sees hidden people inside of pictures and shows. He HAS abused his Adderall before. I keep trying to tell him it's from the Adderall and he says "No, cuz I stopped taking it for awhile and was still seeing stuff so I know it isn't in my head!" He got a 90 count bottle of Adderall a week ago and they're GONE. He took the last 4 today. Granted, they are IR and not the XR kind, but still. Be says he takes more than he's supposed to because the IR wears off too fast and doesn't work well. I've tried everything. I tried flushing the pills once, I've tried hiding his bottle and only giving him a certain amount a day, and finally I told him no more Adderall or I'm done, but he got a bottle of it again anyway last week and didn't tell me he had it, but confessed when I asked him because I could tell he was on it. He never used to be like this. He has bad ADHD and says he needs a reward system for his brain because he's so depressed and frustrated without feeling a kick from it. I feel like I've lost him. He's not the same. I'm lost and don't know what to do.

I wanted to add that other than this stuff, we have a good marriage. Not perfect of course, but we truly love each other. We usually are happy and get along, have a great sex life, he's very sweet and affectionate with me. It's just when this stuff starts up, he isn't himself.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Bump :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM
6 moms liked this

Call his doctor now, and have them cancel the script. Then go with him to a doctor's appointment, and get him into drug counseling.

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM
My uncle ended up in jail with drug induced schitzophrenia, he heard people in the wall outlets etc. though I'm not sure what he did to be in jail. I would talk to someone myself about him. Hugs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I've actually threatened that before, but he won't take me to a Dr appointment and I don't think I can cancel his meds or talk to his Dr about it because of patient confidentiality laws. The thing that bothers me the most, is that my DH really seriously thinks this stuff is happening! He got mad last night and said he knows what I'm up to and he can't believe I would play with him like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call his doctor now, and have them cancel the script. Then go with him to a doctor's appointment, and get him into drug counseling.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Call his doctor, talk to the nurse. Tell them what's going on. He might not be able to talk to you because of confidentiality, but he can put it in the notes for future reference. They need to know.

Take him to the ER and tell them he is hearing voices and he is scaring you (or call 911 and do it). They can emergency detain him, put him in a psych ward and get his meds issues straightened out. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU can't cancel his meds. You CAN call the doctor and tell them everything you know and your concerns, and they DON'T have to TELL YOU anything, but they can listen and hopefully help him. The confidentiality is between the doctor and your husband...it has nothing to do with you. They can hear everything you have to say. Maybe just go for a drive with your husband one afternoon, and go to the doctor's office, so they can see him. He needs to get better, and if you have to rope him into it, then goddamn, do it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've actually threatened that before, but he won't take me to a Dr appointment and I don't think I can cancel his meds or talk to his Dr about it because of patient confidentiality laws. The thing that bothers me the most, is that my DH really seriously thinks this stuff is happening! He got mad last night and said he knows what I'm up to and he can't believe I would play with him like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

NVL0707
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds schizophrenic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Yes, he sounds like a paranoid schizo, but the thing is, I've been with him for going on 8 years, and this only started around the time he started with the Adderall. That's why I really think it's from that. He claims he's seeing stuff though even when he's not taking it. What he does is get a bottle of it, go through all of it in a week or maybe two, then goes 2-3 weeks without Iany because he ran out and has to wait until he gets more, and then when he gets it again, bus body has to get used to it again, which causes him to barely sleep for the first couple days, which probably makes it even worse.

Quoting NVL0707:

He sounds schizophrenic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

What exactly is adderall? and I agree with a PP about calling hsi Dr and getting it cancelled. Let them know that he is abusing his medication and needs more help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
You may need to have him admitted and have the drs figure out the best meds for him, while under their supervision.

We had to do this with my younger brother. He still thanks us to this day for getting him the help he needed. On the day we did it he said he was going to kill us and he hated us. It was just the meds and paranoia talking.

Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)